Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Weekend at the Blair Farm


Matt, Caroline and I met his parents at their farm outside of Pittsburgh last weekend. His family has had this property for over 100 years, which is pretty amazing! It has a beautiful farmhouse, over 100 acres, a large pond and lots of beautiful trees. I had been to the farm a few other times, but only in the winter, therefore, this trip I had an entirely new opinion of the farm. I thought it was very nice before, but it was always cold and grey, this time, it was warm, sunny and quite lovely! I have always favored beach vacations, but this vacation, although different than what I am used to, was quite nice. The farm was so quiet and untouched. It was surrounded by a lot of other farms, which were home to a variety of animals! The sights were in all honesty, breathtaking! We even saw a few Amish people in their horse and buggy's.

Caroline seemed to have quite an enjoyable time taking in all the scenery. She seemed quite relaxed, which was the overall theme of the weekend for me. The country really is a relaxing and stress free environment. We went out to country restaurants for dinner, fished in the pond, went to a few lakes around the area to swim and tour. One of the lakes, Pymatuning Lake, is famous for its excessive amount of carp that eat stale bread from the local tourists. This was quite a ridiculous sight! I have never seen so many fish and I think Caroline was utterly confused as to what she was looking at! It was amazing, that's for sure. Check out the video of the fish!



We also went to this other lake, Sandy Lake, and took Caroline swimming. This lake has probbably looked the same since the 1950's. The snack bar was really old school and there were wooden diving boards. I managed to attempt to do a few flips off the scary boards althought they looked a lot different than they did when I was actually a good diver... My how time has changed...that and the fact that I put on 30 pounds since I last competed in a diving meet!

Here are a few pictures from our trip!

























post signature





3 comments:

Jodi said...

Sounds wonderful! I am sure it does make a big difference in what you can do when you go in the summer and can actually be outside and explore. I am so impressed that you went fishing. Did you do the worm by yourself?

Rebecca said...

Those fish were crazy!! That trip looks really nice. That is great you have a place to go like that!

Danielle said...

Great pictures! Looked like such a lovely time.