Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Museum Center

Caroline and I met our friends Sandy and Nate at the Cincinnati Museum Center this morning to visit the Children's Museum. They have a section for wee one's, which Caroline and Nate thoroughly enjoyed. They played for almost two hours non-stop! They had sooo much fun. There was also a huge water table for kids of all ages and they seemed to love that as well. They each got to wear a yellow raincoat, so they wouldn't get soaked. They looked so cute in their gear, which was 2 sizes too big for them.

We also ate lunch in the Rotunda, which is always filled with activity. The Museum Center is located at Union Terminal, which, for those of you not from Cincy, is the old train station in town. Similar to Grand Central Station, but obviously on a somewhat smaller scale. It is still used today for Amtrak trains, however, they only come through once or twice a day. It's a really amazing building filled with 1920's history and charm.

While we were STILL eating, the sweeper/janitor guy started sweeping right underneath our table and feet and ended up sweeping up Caroline's favorite hair bow, which was underneath our table! I didn't realize it until he was gone. I was a bit unhappy! He also started wiping our table while we were still sitting down and the kids were still eating! Needless to say, I was a bit annoyed! Sorry Matthew, looks like we'll have to get a new hair bow! :)

Here are a few pictures from our adventure!

















post signature

1 comment:

Jodi said...

We love the museum center too and it is great how it grows with the kids. My kids actually still enjoy the barnyard section as do I esp when I am tired and don't want to worry about them running away or getting lost-don't you love the protective doorman:)
Oh and for the future at the water table, the will dry your kids clothes and give them some to borrow if the smocks just don't do the job and they get soaked.