A few of my friends came over tonight to help me organize invitations for our upcoming 10 year high school reunion. While we were stuffing envelopes and discussing our classmates, we got on the topic of getting in shape and losing weight for the big event.
I have been so slack physically after having Caroline and yes, that was a year ago! Pre-Caroline, I ran a marathon, used to run nearly every day, played soccer (of course that was back in high school), walked all the time... Post-Caroline, I've gotten a bit too comfortable in my post-pregnancy skin. I find that if I don't watch it, I'm going to become one of those mother's that throws in the towel on herself and spends her energy "decorating" her child... Yikes!
So, after this much needed motivation from my loving friends, I'm on a mission to get healthy and get back into my pre-Caroline jeans! I may not be the skinny girl I was in high school, but to go back to what I was only a few years ago would be phenomenal!
What I would like to look like....
Spencer (Megan's Cousin) and I after the Chicago Marathon 2004 (Megan I can't find the pictures of you and me)
Or this...
Matt and I in our much skinnier days (Toby Keith Concert - 2005)





2 comments:
Good luck! Cate is big enough to jog with me in the jogging stroller, so if you ever want to go (or leave the babies at home with their daddy's), let me know. We can always meet at Lunken where it's not so bumpy.
Good for you! I don't think it's a conscious decision when we forget to take care of ourselves. We just focus sooo much on our kids. I've been going to the gym a lot and hopefully that'll help me lose the baby weight from Cade. I REALLY don't want it to take two years, like it did with Camilla.
Post a Comment