Caroline and I went this morning to check out The Goddard School and I was VERY impressed. It was so incredibly clean, I am pretty sure you could eat off of the floors! I met with the owner of the school as well as another administrator, both were incredibly informative and very friendly. Caroline and I went on a tour of the school and it was very well organized. They offer a wide range of activities for each age group. The age groups range from 6 weeks old to kindergarten. They pride themselves on offering a safe and nurturing environment as well as an actual curriculum. Each room had a wide range of toys from those that will help develop their imaginations as well as those that will enhance their learning experiences. I was really impressed with the fact that they teach the children (even Caroline's age group) Spanish as well as sign language. I have been wanting to teach Caroline Spanish from the moment she was born, but have been really slack about doing it. Perhaps this will really help develop her knowledge of the language. At the end of each day they give you a report of all the details that occurred during the day. (i.e. what story was read, what toys were fun, what words they learned, what foods they ate, when they took a nap, etc.) They allowed Caroline to sit in the room that she would be in and play with the other children as well as the plethora of toys! Honestly, the minute I put her down she walked right over to where all the other kids were and started playing with their toys. I stepped back a bit just to observe her in this new environment and honestly she seemed to really enjoy herself! She has always been a social and somewhat independent baby, so I am really not too worried about her ability to adjust to this potentially new environment. It will probably be more of an adjustment on me...
I have read many of your comments from the last post and I really appreciate you all's support! This certainly is a huge change and one that I cannot take lightly. However, I feel I am making the right decision to take this job opportunity and I know my little princess will be just fine! And if after a few months, I find that I am not happy in the world of work, I can always go back to being a stay-at-home momma!
Matt has been out of town the past few days, so he and I have to sit down and discuss the details of this potential change in our lives, and then I know he will want to visit the day care. So, once all this is complete, I will almost definitely accept the position by the end of the week.
Thanks again for all your support!
I have read many of your comments from the last post and I really appreciate you all's support! This certainly is a huge change and one that I cannot take lightly. However, I feel I am making the right decision to take this job opportunity and I know my little princess will be just fine! And if after a few months, I find that I am not happy in the world of work, I can always go back to being a stay-at-home momma!
Matt has been out of town the past few days, so he and I have to sit down and discuss the details of this potential change in our lives, and then I know he will want to visit the day care. So, once all this is complete, I will almost definitely accept the position by the end of the week.
Thanks again for all your support!





No comments:
Post a Comment