When I got into this whole blogging thing, I did it to keep friends and family updated on our family...most importantly Miss Caroline. After months of "blogging," it has, in fact, become somewhat of an addiction and hobby. As you will note on the right side of my blog, there are links to other blogs, which are mostly blogs of our friends and family, however there are a few which are people I don't even know. That's the funny thing about blogging, once you start, then you get into this whole "blogging community" and end up reading blogs about a variety of topics, many written by total strangers. A quote by George Siemens, "Blogging is best learned by blogging...and by reading other bloggers," so very true. I would have had no idea how to create my cute background had it not been for looking at someone elses blog.
I have always been a pretty technologically savvy person, so entering the blog world was just a natural process for me. It was the next step...of course, after Facebook and MySpace, which my husband continually reminds me how dorky I am for having both! It may be true, I may be a dork when it comes to the Internet, blogging and social networking, but I have to say, it has allowed me to reconnect to so many people from my past as well as keep a daily account of my young daughter's life. When blogging becomes a thing of the past and I decide to stop, I plan to turn my blog into a scrapbook, so Caroline has something that gives her great detail into her young life and reminds her how dorky her mother can be. :)
Here are a few links to some of my favorite blogs:
Here are a few links to some of my favorite blogs:
Bring The Rain - This blog is truly inspirational. Written by an amazing mother, who finds such peace in her faith. She lost a daughter a few hours after giving birth and does not wallow, instead, uses her blog as an outlet of inspiration to so many others! Worth visiting!
Celebrity Baby Blog - It's always fun to see how celebrities parent their children... Or their nanny's parent their children. :)
Confessions of a CF Husband - I have dedicated a number of posts to this blog. It is written by a husband who's wife has Cystic Fibrosis and they welcomed a VERY premature baby girl into the world in January. This is a blog worth visiting every day!
matt, liz and madeline - life and death all in a 27 hour period. - This blog is written by a father, who lost his wife the day after she gave birth to their beautiful daughter. He is now having to raise Madeline alone, but has such strength and a wonderful network of family, friends and strangers. He does cuss a bit, so if that offends you, perhaps don't visit, but it is an amazing story of courage and strength.
Six Until Me - This blog is a diabetes blog, which gives great insight into the life of a type 1 diabetic from a young energetic woman. (If only my husband would become a blogger...he would probably have quite a following as it doesn't seem like there's many male diabetic bloggers out there, who are blogging about there experience)
Steece's Pieces - This is a blog about a young couple who struggled a bit to get pregnant and ended up having quadruplets! Can you imagine!
I will have to periodically update this list, as there are lots more fun blogs out there.
"A blog is merely a tool that lets you do anything from change the world to share your shopping list."





1 comment:
Thank you!
Post a Comment