I DID IT! I accepted the job! I am now a "Working Mom!" Or I will be as of August 4th! I am the new Campaign Manager for the American Diabetes Association's Step Out Program! After accepting the position a few hours ago I have a great feeling of relief. I kept thinking in my head over and over again as to whether this was the right thing for me to do, but now that I have done it, I know it was the best decision for me.
A friend told me today, who is also a working mother, that the first few months will be the most difficult, as it will certainly be a huge adjustment, but once I get into a routine, life will return to a "new normal." Another friend from college, who also works in the world of non-profit and is a mommy, told me to just remember to have a balance of my personal life and work life. For those of you who haven't worked in non-profit, there is one thing that is certain, they definitely WORK YOU. You work hard, sometimes long hours, and don't receive a ton of money. For me, it's not about the money, it's about me working for something that I am passionate about and will allow me to utilize my strengths for the better. I will take my friend's advice and make it clear to my new employer that I must have a balance for it to work for me.
I am very eager to start this new chapter in my life! I think it will be a lot of fun and very worthwhile for me. I know that Caroline will be in good hands at The Goddard School. And as I mentioned before, I bet it will be harder on me than it will be on her to make this transition! At The Goddard School they teach the children Spanish and sign language, which I am sooo excited about! Perhaps Caroline will follow in her Papa and my footsteps and develop a strong passion for the Spanish language.
I want to thank you all for your support and well wishes. I have received lots of messages and emails and it has really reassured me that I am making the right decision! When I start in a few weeks, I have a feeling the blog won't be as up to date as it normally is, but I can assure you I will still keep you all in the loop of "It's A Blair Life."
I want to thank you all for your support and well wishes. I have received lots of messages and emails and it has really reassured me that I am making the right decision! When I start in a few weeks, I have a feeling the blog won't be as up to date as it normally is, but I can assure you I will still keep you all in the loop of "It's A Blair Life."





3 comments:
congrats lulu!
Congratulations! Remember too...the time you're away is good for you and for them...plus it makes the time you are together so much sweeter! Eric and I love our jobs and the small break from baby-land they offer us, but we're always ready to come home and snuggle her.
Congratulations!!! I was just thinking about the fact that I have to go back to work in like a month and how hard it will be. We both know Paige and Caroline will be in good hands, but it will still be hard at the beginning. We can get through it together!!
Post a Comment