Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Neighborhood Gang

Today Caroline and I met a friend for lunch, who I have truly known my ENTIRE life. I have known Sarah probably longer than I have known anyone of my other friends. We were neighbors in View Place for nearly our entire life. Our families are more like relatives than anything. There were 4 (sometimes more) families in our neighborhood that ate dinner together EVERY Friday night while we were little. It was at a different house every Friday. The kids would play games, watch movies and drive our parents crazy until way beyond our bedtime and our parents would chat for hours and sip their wine and beers. I truly treasure these families! All of the families, but one have moved on from View Place, but we continue to keep in touch. It started out with 17 of us, which included our parents and the kids, but now that some of us kids have gotten married and had children of our own, we have added 5 spouses, 5 children and a 3 significant others to the mix...totaling 30. Each year at Christmas we have a huge Christmas party at the Meurer's, who still live in View Place. Usually everyone comes and we share stories of the good ol' days!

Today at lunch Sarah and I were chatting about organizing a dinner club, which all of our parents still are involved in together, for the next generation of the neighborhood kids. We hope to make it happen so that our kids can grow up to all know each other and recognize the importance of loving and cherishing your neighbor and friendships.

Below are some pictures from the restaurant and a few that Sarah took at her house of Caroline.









post signature

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am so excited that I made the blog! I feel like a celebrity.