So, today was a day I look forward to being over... I absolutely adore my lovely daughter, Caroline, but today she was a bit of a handful... Matt went out of town yesterday to go fishing, yes, I am now regretting that I let him go... And unfortunately, I am feeling a bit bitter that he went... He shall return tonight, thankfully! And all I can tell him is that I am in desperate need of a vacation!
Please, please don't take this the wrong way, as I do enjoy every moment with Caroline, but today (and yesterday) have been a bit challenging, especially since I am on my own. I believe she has been cutting a tooth (which she NEVER had a problem with before) and it is not making her happy... Well, it's either that or she has an ear infection...or perhaps both. Needless to say, she has not been a happy camper today and no matter what I do, she is still not a happy camper...
So, as my frustration mounted, which she may have sensed, I thought the best thing to do would be to let me regroup and send her to my parents for a few hours while I went to visit Megan and her baby in the hospital. Definitely a good choice on my part. I felt much better when I went back to pick her up.
She wasn't too happy going to bed tonight either, but she is FINALLY sleeping...and Matt is STILL not home...
I am sure I am not the only one who has had days like today and yesterday, but it does make me feel a little guilty. I know it's not Caroline's fault, she just doesn't feel too great and doesn't know how else to express it... She sure does look precious sleeping. And I am grateful to have a bit of time to relax before poor Matthew gets home and probably will have to hear an earful from me! :)
As my mom would say, "take a deep breath and relax." So I think that is what I will try to do. And hopefully Caroline will feel better tomorrow, or we may have to make a visit to the doctor. :)





1 comment:
Hang in there Leanne. We all have those days. I hope Caroline can feel better soon. Maybe Matt will send you to the Spa? At least for a pedicure? I've really learned over the past 4 years how to convince Andy of the necessity of such things after hard days, or after he travels. It makes you a better mom, and a better wife:)
Post a Comment