I have not one picture to show of my first "Mother's Day" yesterday, but it was wonderful nonetheless! I woke up to Matthew who gave me a bouquet of flowers, a new book and bubble bath! Caroline woke up shortly after me and she was in desperate need of a bath. (This may be too much information, but...) We have a claw-foot tub that is very deep and it is much easier to take a bath with Caroline so she does not end up hurting herself, so I sat in the tub with her and next thing I know, Matthew entered with McDonald's breakfast! Yes, that's right, those really fattening and greasy, yet disgustingly good biscuits and a Diet Coke, my favorite. Caroline and I had "Breakfast in the Bathtub!" I can't say I have ever eaten in the tub before, it was fun (and quite comical) and Caroline was a big fan of the biscuits! We then went to church and breakfast with Matt's family and dinner with my family.
It still is somewhat surreal that I am a mommy and I too get to celebrate Mother's Day! What a blessing Motherhood is! Not only do you get your own special holiday, but you get to spend each and every day with the most precious child! I truly thank God everyday for giving me such a wonderful gift, my beautiful family!
Here are my two favorite people!




1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day! A day late. It sounds like you enjoyed your first one and I love the breakfast in the bathtub...we have a big, deep tub too, so I understand...thankfully Cate still gets bathed in the sink. :-) We definitely need to get together again. I can't believe she's starting to say dog and other words. I feel like it wasn't that long ago I'd come into the TNT office to still find you there, still waiting for Caroline.
Post a Comment