This weekend was my 10 year high school reunion! The festivities began on Friday night and went into the wee hours of the morning on Sunday.
As part of the planning committee for our reunion, I have been eager for this weekend to get here. One, I wanted to see everyone and two, I was excited to be done planning the affair. It was a blast planning it, but was sometimes time consuming.
The festivities started on Friday night at 5:30pm. Some of our classmates met at Finneytown High School to take a tour of the school. Let's just say, Finneytown hasn't changed too much in 10 years. The paint colors, lockers and smells were certainly all the same! I think the school could use a little love and updating! It was definitely fun to go back and reminisce with our classmates about our days at FHS.
As part of the planning committee for our reunion, I have been eager for this weekend to get here. One, I wanted to see everyone and two, I was excited to be done planning the affair. It was a blast planning it, but was sometimes time consuming.
The festivities started on Friday night at 5:30pm. Some of our classmates met at Finneytown High School to take a tour of the school. Let's just say, Finneytown hasn't changed too much in 10 years. The paint colors, lockers and smells were certainly all the same! I think the school could use a little love and updating! It was definitely fun to go back and reminisce with our classmates about our days at FHS.
After the tour we met up with other classmates at Hofbrauhaus, a German restaurant in Newport, KY. We proceeded to eat German food and drink German beer, while catching up on years gone by. It was a blast!
Then comes Saturday...the BIG day. It reminded me of the morning before Prom. I was all concerned as to what I was going to wear, what my hair was going to look like and the fact that I have gained, hmmm, about 25 pounds since high school. I think you're supposed to try and lose weight for your reunion...that obviously wasn't part of my plan. Anyway, Matt and I ran around a bit to pick up the cake and make sure the room was ready downtown at McCormick & Schmick's, which is where the reunion was. All was ready and the reunion began at 8pm. Let me just say, a lot has changed since high school, but I would have to say a lot of people still looked and acted EXACTLY the same! It was hilarious! We had such a great time. Our high school was pretty small and our class was very, very close, so truly, we all just picked up where we left off and chatted away. And that was true no matter what clique you were in back then. We really had a pretty inclusive class. One of our classmates is a deejay for a local radio station, so he emceed the event and he and another classmate provided us with fantastic music. We danced, ate, drank and bonded for 4, way too short, hours. Many of us continued the festivities well into the night at various bars downtown. Some of them riding a mechanical bull at one of the bars...and let me just say, they lacked in the graceful department. They fell off almost immediately! It was hilarious! The evening was wonderful. It was so great catching up with old classmates. Some of our classmates came from places like Alaska, California and Florida...and many still live in Cincinnati, some even still live in Finneytown! Oh, how I just love our little Finneytown!
Then comes Saturday...the BIG day. It reminded me of the morning before Prom. I was all concerned as to what I was going to wear, what my hair was going to look like and the fact that I have gained, hmmm, about 25 pounds since high school. I think you're supposed to try and lose weight for your reunion...that obviously wasn't part of my plan. Anyway, Matt and I ran around a bit to pick up the cake and make sure the room was ready downtown at McCormick & Schmick's, which is where the reunion was. All was ready and the reunion began at 8pm. Let me just say, a lot has changed since high school, but I would have to say a lot of people still looked and acted EXACTLY the same! It was hilarious! We had such a great time. Our high school was pretty small and our class was very, very close, so truly, we all just picked up where we left off and chatted away. And that was true no matter what clique you were in back then. We really had a pretty inclusive class. One of our classmates is a deejay for a local radio station, so he emceed the event and he and another classmate provided us with fantastic music. We danced, ate, drank and bonded for 4, way too short, hours. Many of us continued the festivities well into the night at various bars downtown. Some of them riding a mechanical bull at one of the bars...and let me just say, they lacked in the graceful department. They fell off almost immediately! It was hilarious! The evening was wonderful. It was so great catching up with old classmates. Some of our classmates came from places like Alaska, California and Florida...and many still live in Cincinnati, some even still live in Finneytown! Oh, how I just love our little Finneytown!
Of course, I took a hundred pictures from the festivities and would love for you all to see them. Here's a preview of some of the pictures, but if you want to view all of them CLICK HERE.





To my Finneyown classmates, it was such a blast spending time with you all and I can't wait until our next reunion! Reliving 1998 over and over again is quite entertaining!
To my Finneyown classmates, it was such a blast spending time with you all and I can't wait until our next reunion! Reliving 1998 over and over again is quite entertaining!





2 comments:
Leanne, you did a great job planning everything. It was as great night and you're right it felt like no time passed and everyone just picked up where they left off. Sorry I missed the bull riding, that sounds pretty comical:) I am curious to know who that was, although I have my guesses.
Jodi, I would have loved to have chatted with you more! I feel like we needed an extra hour, it went by so fast! Megan and Elisha were on the bull. They were ridiculous. It took them 5 minutes to actually get on the bull and then once they were on they fell off immediately. Lacking grace, for sure...but truly hilarious! :)
By the way, you are the most adorable pregnant woman I have ever seen!
Post a Comment