Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Step Out Walk To Fight Diabetes!

As most of you know, I am working at the American Diabetes Association as a Campaign Manager. Currently, I am working on our upcoming Dayton and Cincinnati Step Out Walk To Fight Diabetes. This walk is the ADA's signature event and will hopefully raise over $300,000 for our local chapter.

Of course, part of my job is to recruit sponsors and walkers to help us reach our goal, which will directly impact those who are currently fighting this awful disease. The money raised will directly help someone in our family, my husband, Matthew, who has been fighting this disease since he was 9 years old. I've blogged about Matthew's fight with diabetes before, which you can refer to by clicking here.

I ask each and every one of you to sign up to Step Out and Fight Diabetes in Cincinnati or Dayton or in your own city. You can learn more by visiting www.diabetes.org/stepout. I don't ask you to do this just because it's just my job, I also ask you because it affects my family personally! My decision to go back to work after staying home with Caroline for over a year was not one that was totally necessary for our family, instead, I chose to go back to work because I found an opportunity to work for an organization in which I 100% support their mission and goals. A mission to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by it is a mission I support!

I leave you with a video made by a mother of a child with Type 1 Diabetes. Perhaps this video will make you think of someone you know fighting this disease. I know when I watch this video I think of my husband and his daily battle.



CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK TO VIEW THE VIDEO OR CLICK HERE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZsW-2SkAeY




post signature

No comments: