Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Catching Up...

I have been a bit slack with the blog lately. Work has started to move in and quickly try and take over my life... After October my work life will slow down, so I will be a much better "blogger." Anyway, I thought I would post about a few things we have done in the past week or so. Mainly it will be pictures of our little peanut!

Yesterday, we went to Caroline's daycare, The Goddard School, for their Fall Open House. It was a time to meet Caroline's classmates and their parents as well as chat with her teachers. Caroline has truly blossomed into a little person since she began attending Goddard. She LOVES it so much! And I'm so happy that she is doing so well. Yesterday for at least an hour she sang (or hummed) "Ring Around the Rosey," definitely not a song I taught her, something she learned at school. So funny! She even has a best friend there. The owner's daughter, Lucy, happens to be in her class. And apparently they are the best of friends and take charge of the class, not surprising, as Caroline definitely seems to be a leader, or at least she really likes to get her way! Hmmm...where did she get that from? Caroline saw Lucy at the Open House and of course they immediately hugged each other and began playing together. It was too cute.

Yesterday was also the very FIRST day that Caroline wore PIGTAILS! They didn't last too long, as they kept falling out.


Today, Matt, Caroline and I went to an apple orchard as well as a pumpkin farm to celebrate the beginning of fall, although it didn't feel too much like fall today...

The pumpkin farm had so much stuff for kids. There were hayrides, music, animals, little displays and, of course, lots of pumpkins. We picked up a couple and took lots of pictures of Caroline. She seemed to really enjoy herself and was a huge fan of the chickens. Right now, her favorite animals are ducks and I think she thought the chickens were also ducks. She continuously said "quack, quack" every time we passed the chickens. Hilarious!





I think I've mentioned before, but Caroline absolutely loves baby dolls! She is totally a girly girl. She has to put her baby dolls to bed before she goes to bed and lately she wants at least one to sleep with her. Yesterday, she picked up her Bitty Baby, who we always refer to as "baby" (perhaps someday she'll come up with a more creative name), and starting doing "Ring Around the Rosey." It was so cute. Matt and I thought we would get in on the action and Caroline, Matt and I ended up doing Ring Around the Rosey like 5 times. She loved it, especially when we "all fall down." (I had to post some footage of her and her baby, but please excuse my awful voice in the background...I know, it's terrible. And yes, as you have seen before, Caroline does where clothes, but she had just gotten out of the bathtub)

post signature

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Goodness...that little girl of yours is adorable! Caroline is at such a cute age...loved the video. And well done with the singing, Leanne. :)

Anonymous said...

First time on your blog - I love your posts. You certainly have an adorable daughter

Jodi said...

I love baby pig tails! They are so super cute! Mara has so much hair now that I almost forgot how precious they are. Which pumpkin patch did you go to? It seems like there are so many in Cinci to choose from. And the babies, so precious. Little girls seem to come out maternal:)
Take care of yourself!

The Martin Family said...

She is so sweet! I also love the pictails...too cute!