Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 8, 2008

I Sent Them Running...

Thursday I will have officially worked at my new job for 1 month. It's been a very busy month! My first week entailed saying goodbye to one of the employees who had a similar position to mine, except she was in charge of all the local diabetes summer camps. Then, 2 weeks ago, our Executive Director resigned because her husband got an amazing opportunity to work in London. Then, if all that wasn't enough, my boss resigned last Monday because she accepted a position with the Pittsburgh Opera, which she couldn't pass up. So, yes, count it up...in the month I have been with my new job 3 people have resigned, all for good reasons, but still a huge adjustment!

The last day for our ED and my boss will be this Friday and that means I will really have to step in to make our upcoming walks successful! We now only have a staff of 3! Yes, we went from 6 to 3 in 1 month! Such is the nature of non-profit and you truly just learn to deal! If I seem a bit slack on my updates, you can obviously see why. Our walks are coming up in October and they will be consuming my life until then.

Of course, I am ALWAYS recruiting for our upcoming walks, and for those of you in Cincinnati interested in walking with my team, Team Blair, or creating your own team, you can do so by going to www.diabetes.org/stepout.

And of course I cannot complete an update without a little tidbit on our little peanut... She's doing FANTASTIC! She has really adjusted so well to her new life at daycare, or school as we call it. It's such a wonderful place and she has learned so much already! Many, many new words! Her teachers always tell us how much she enjoys herself and her classmates. They say she always gives her friends hugs and pats them on the back. And she is quite the waver. She waves at ANYONE...and she does this ALL THE TIME! It's so funny! She also has no qualms about telling us she doesn't want something...she either shakes her head no or pushes/throws things that she is done with...

I have no cute pictures to include in this update... Our flash on our camera is broken at the moment... :(

That's it for now! :)

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep me posted on the job! Is there something I can do to help out on a part time basis? :o) I'll continue to help recruit walkers for your October event...it is for such a great cause that affects my mom as well. Hang in there Leanne!