Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hurricane Ike...in OHIO!

Yes, that's right. We had a bit of a hurricane in OHIO! You wouldn't think that would be possible, but indeed it was! We had a huge wind storm on Sunday, which knocked out power to over 600,000 homes in Cincinnati. We STILL don't have power at our house, but finally my office does, so I can reconnect with the outside world. Duke Energy tells us that our house probably won't have power until Saturday. Yea, let me just tell you how fun that will be! We have been eating snacks for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not so healthy. Our little Caroline has been drinking juice boxes, instead of her usual milk. And today I sent her to school with string cheese, a cereal bar and yogurt (I picked up at the gas station). Nice lunch, huh!?! To make matters worse, I am certain that Matthew and I have something along the lines of strep throat. Oh, yes, it's been a joyous few days!

It was a crazy, crazy storm! No rain, no hail, nothing...just WIND. And lots of WIND! 80 miles per hour wind! We have a 12 foot long branch sitting in the middle of our front yard and that is really nothing! 150 year old trees all over our neighborhood were completely uprooted, some resting on top of houses! It truly looks like a war zone! I have not really experience a hurricane before, even while living in South Carolina during college...so this was a small taste of what one would experience...and I didn't like it a bit! It was scary! Some woman in town was sitting at her computer on Sunday, typing away, and a tree fell over into her house and on top of her...and killed her! How awful is that!

Well, I must try to get myself back together and dig myself out of my plethora of work emails! I will be back to blogging soon...just not sure how soon!

post signature

No comments: