Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 16, 2008

Walk To Cure Diabetes

On September 9, 2008, I will be participating in the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes, along with one-half million other walkers throughout the country, as we try to reach our goal of raising $100 million. As most of you know, my husband, Matthew, was diagnosed with this disease when he was just 9 years old. For a child to have to embark on such a life-changing journey is unfair to say the least.

The JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) as well as the ADA (American Diabetes Association) have been instrumental in helping to find a cure for this horrible disease. And as a wife of a diabetic, this is also a mission of mine! The research has shown that they are close to finding a cure and I hope that we will see this cure during our lifetime. In the meantime, I plan to do everything in my power to help raise funds that will inevitably assist in this mission.

The JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes is a walk that is held in cities across the country. The particular walk that I will take part in is a 5K walk that starts in Newport, Kentucky and goes over the Purple People Bridge into Cincinnati and back through the streets of Newport. It is a really fun walk with lots of sites to see!

I know that there are over 2 months until this walk, however, I have decided this year to arrange a "team" to walk in honor of my husband Matt (and all others who have been living with this disease)! Therefore, I am currently "recruiting" teammates in the Cincinnati area, who would like to join me on this crusade!


If you would like to join me, CLICK HERE. Select "Team Walker" on the form and where it asks you to select a team, locate "Team Blair." There is not a designated amount of money that I ask you to raise for joining the team, as any amount is a blessing! So, please sign up and join my family and me as we help find a cure!





post signature

No comments: