Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy First Birthday Princess Caroline!

Our little girl turns ONE today! Wow! Where has the year gone? It has truly been such a joy watching her grow and change! She has gone from a wobbly-headed little infant to a very active and social little lady. We certainly love our little Caroline more than anything in the world and are so deeply blessed to have her in our lives! HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!

And of course, you cannot turn ONE without a celebration! So, celebrate we did! Saturday, we had a birthday party for Caroline at my parents house. We celebrated with Caroline's family and her friends! And it was soooo much fun! As most of you know, I am a tad bit on the obsessive compulsive side when it comes to matching, so I made sure everything was bright green and bright pink. Of course, Matthew isn't as passionate about matching as I am, so he opted not to match our little princess' dress, but I tried. :)

We ordered lots of pizza from LaRosa's and had the most ADORABLE cake from Patricia's Wedding Cakes. It was definitely an expensive cake for a 1st birthday, but well worth the price as it was just too cute!


Matt and I gave Caroline this inflatable water park for her birthday, which seemed to be a big hit with the little ones! Caroline is definitely a water baby! I think she would rather be playing in water than doing anything else!

And as far as that "first cake" experience for Caroline, well, it was hilarious! The cake place made her a miniature version of the big cake for her to enjoy. It was a fondant-covered cake, so the top layer was a bit hard, therefore, Caroline wasn't sure what to do with it at first, but Matt poked a small hole in the middle of it and from that point on Caroline went to town on the cake! She had cake everywhere! It was quite cute! And she really seemed thrilled!


For those of you who were able to attend, we cannot thank you enough for coming and celebrating Caroline's special birthday! She received so many precious gifts from all of her friends and family! Thank you all so much! Caroline is so blessed to have such loving people in her life!

And of course, I must include some of the pictures from her special day!













































post signature

2 comments:

The Riggs Family said...

That's so crazy to think that she's one already! I think the 1st birthday is just as much a celebration for the parents- you made it through a year of parenting and seem to be doing great!

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Miss Caroline!
It looks like you had a wonderful party with lots of fun and a beautiful cake. Your mommy did a great job of coordinating all of the colors and activities to make it a special day for you all!!
I'm so sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate with you, and I'm so sorry we didn't get to taste your yummy cake, my, what will they do next year. I think Bon Bonnerie, or whatever the spelling, will have to be on your list of choices:)
Happy Birthday and way to go mom and dad!
Love, Jodi