Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mommy and Caroline's Little Adventure

On Friday afternoon, I packed up our car and Caroline and I departed Charleston on our six hour adventure to Atlanta to visit my friend from college, Sara. My family was a bit nervous about me driving alone with Caroline from Charleston to Atlanta and then from Atlanta to Cincinnati, but I assured everyone we would be fine. And fine, we were! Caroline is truly the best traveler. She was either sleeping, chatting away, playing with her toys or snacking. Not a moment of fussiness occurred throughout the entire drive. It was wonderful.

We arrived in Atlanta on Friday evening and was graciously greeted by "Aunt Sara" (yes, that is what we have dubbed her). Sara and her husband, Ken, live in the coolest condo in Midtown Atlanta. They live on the 23rd floor of a high-rise condo building with an amazing view of the city!

After arriving at her place she showered us with such cute gifts. She was in Thailand last week on a business trip and bought Caroline the most adorable authentic silk pajamas and a beautiful pashmina and bracelet for me. THANK YOU, SARA!

We ended up keeping Caroline up way past her bedtime, so we could go to this cute street festival for dinner and a few beers. It's so funny to think that 6 years ago, we were graduating college together at USC and had no idea where our lives would end up. Going out consisted of getting ready for an hour and leaving the house at 11pm for a night of drinking and socializing until...hmmmm...4am! My how times have changed in 6 years! It's always fun to get together with Sara and reminisce. We were random roommates freshman year at college (both of us being from Ohio going to college in South Carolina) and have been the best of friend's ever since. A 6 and a half hour drive is what separates us, but we still manage to chat almost every day!

On Saturday morning we woke up and took a walk to a really beautiful park in Atlanta (Piedmont Park). They have a "green" market there every Saturday morning with lots of people, food and music. We went out to lunch at the base of Sara's building and then Caroline and I departed for home. Our trip to Cincinnati was uneventful. Caroline slept a lot and we stopped 4 times because someone in the car (and it WAS NOT me) kept pooing their pants! It was a bit gross having to keep changing her at random fast food restaurants and gas stations. At one point we were right outside of Lexington, KY and she pooed...again, and there was a HUGE infestation of cicadas, which I am not a big fan of, so she and I literally RAN into the gas station, so I could change her. It was a bit comical...I am sure some random person got a laugh out of it! We made it home in 7 hours, all in one piece. It was so much fun to go on an adventure with just Caroline. And now I know how easy it is to drive to Atlanta, I have a feeling Miss Caroline and I may make many more Mommy-Daughter trips to visit Aunt Sara!

Here are a few pictures from our trip to ATL.










post signature

2 comments:

The Riggs Family said...

She can definitely splash around and dip a toe or two in.

I got her outfit from Tennille and Company (www.theplantationshop.com). They're based out of Atlanta actually. We first heard about them when we got another outfit from my dad's boss and his wife when Cate was born. They have some of the cutest clothes. Just let me know when you want to get together.

Anonymous said...

Fun !!!! I love it. Well now you know your pregnant friend Sasha also lives in Atlanta. So hopefully next time we can see each other. Sorry I missed you ladies this time. Glad you enjoyed ATL. :)