Around lunchtime today, I thought I would attempt to introduce the sippy cup to Princess Caroline. I would have to say, it did not go as I had planned...
After reading online how other people introduced the sippy cup to their children, I opted to give half of her formula in her regualar Dr. Brown's bottle and the other half in her new Nuby sippy cup with "easy to use" handles. Of course, she loved her bottle... However, when I went to give her the sippy cup, you would have thought the world was ending. She screamed and cried. I tried for a few more minutes, but could not handle those little salty tears running down her face. So, I took the formula out of the cup and put it back into her "security" bottle.
Perhaps our little Princess just isn't ready to venture into the world of cups. She's very content sitting on Mommy's lap, drinking out of her bottle.
I intend to try to get her to use the cup a little each day... Hopefully she will take to it at some point. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!




1 comment:
Sippy cups are tough. Maybe you already did this, but we always started without the stopper in the cup. It makes it a lot easier to have instant success, so that they will love it. It can be kind of messy if they keep dropping it, but it always seemed to work for us. I thought my kids would never catch on. Also- Avent makes a great cup that attaches to thier bottles. I don't know if you have any of those, or maybe the kind of bottle you have makes an attachment too. It was just nice too because you coud leave the bottle nipple on and add handles. Then once they got that down, you could switch to the sippy attachment. Just a thought.
Post a Comment