Miss Caroline is asleep and Matthew and I are sitting here watching a movie, therefore, this seemed like a very appropriate time to chat about my hometown! I know, it sounds silly, but hey, what else do you do on a Friday night when you have 7 month old who goes to bed at 8:30pm. :)
As many of you know, I grew up in Finneytown, a small suburb of Cincinnati. To outsiders, this town seems like a "fish bowl" and rather "stripmallesque." To me, Finneytown was a place of opportunity, culture, diversity, friendship and so much more!
In high school, I was always eager to get as far away from this place as possible. Maybe that is why I went to the University of South Carolina. One things seems true about Finneytownian's and Cincinnatian's, they may leave, but they ALWAYS return! And I did! Although I didn't return to Finneytown, I returned to Cincinnati. And it was the best decision I've ever made! Had it not been for this decision, which I pondered greatly, I would not have met my loving husband, Matt and there would be no Princess Caroline!
My affection for my hometown still lives on, although I will probably never move back to Finneytown, I will always have so many wonderful memories, memories to share with Princess Caroline!
There is a theory of the "6th degrees of separtion" or the "6th degrees of Kevin Bacon," while this theory also holds true to Finneytown. There is definitely the "6th degrees of Finneytown." My husband has come to realize this first hand. The number of times we have run into someone from Finneytown is incalculable. He was actually on a business trip in Las Vegas, eating breakfast with a guy from Connecticut, they proceeded to make small talk and it turns out, this man was married to a woman from Cincinnati, who went to Finneytown High School. This may seem happenstance, but this was one of the MANY times my husband has experienced this. It would be one thing if this community was large, but it's not. My graduating class alone had nearly 100 people.
Finneytown has it's fame too! Yes, that's true. Think of all the famous people that have come from the Finneytown Fish Bowl.
Jeffrey Immelt - CEO General Electric, Bradley Alford - CEO Nestle USA, Amanda Borden - 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist in Gymnastics, Justin Jeffre - Member of 98 Degrees, Joe Hudepohl - 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist in Swimming
One last thing about this place, Finneytown, it has given me the best friends anyone could ask for! I have been friends with the same group of girls since grade school. We all went our seperate ways in college, but never lost touch! And to this day, I talk to almost all of them on a weekly basis!
So, cheers to Finneytown!




1 comment:
Leanne, I love you and your devotion to the F-Town! I had an uncontrollable smile on my face the entire time I was reading your post!!:)
Post a Comment