Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We're Back...

We returned late last night from our weekend getaway to NYC. It was absolutely fabulous! What a fun city! If I were in my early 20's, right out of college and single, I would totally live there!

We stayed right in Midtown, near Time Square, which was convenient. In our three days there, we did a ton of touristy things! We went to Time Square, Grand Central Station, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Soho, Upper/Lower East Side, China Town, Little Italy, Central Park, Bryant Park, Battery Park, 5th/Madison Avenue Shopping and so much more. We also took one of those double decker bus tours, which was really fun and we were able to learn a lot about the city that way!

And as far as famous people go...we did have a run-in, and literally, I mean run-in, with Kirsten Dunst! Sunday night we met up with my friend Kerstin and her boyfriend, Matt, for dinner at a really low-key restaurant on the Lower East Side. Well, apparently, Kirsten Dunst and Justin Long (the guy from the Mac commercials) decided to go to the same restaurant and sit next to us. All was fine and good, until we went inside and sat at the bar and she and her friend decided to leave. Well, of course, I had to snap a photo of her as she was standing outside. Literally, the picture was of her shoe, but that didn't matter to her. She came back inside and confronted me about the picture. It was hilarious. She demanded to see my camera and delete the photo. Finally, I did. I truly don't care much for celebrities, I think they're overrated, and this experience just proved my point. She truly thought very highly of herself and wanted to show us "who she was" and that we can't mess with her because she's Kirsten Dunst. I'd have to say, we could all look like superstars if we had a team fixing us up like she does. Apparently her team was missing on Sunday night, as she didn't look so stellar. In fact, she had a see thru white tank top on and definitely had nothing on underneath. This was definitely a fun addition to our already fantastic trip! And the Mac guy (Justin Long) was quite nice. He chatted for a bit and was much less into himself then she was!

All and all, this trip was great! I highly recommend a getaway to NYC. I will post pictures in a bit, but it may take awhile. I took 200 pics, so I will probably just upload them here for your all to look at!

post signature

2 comments:

The Martin Family said...

That's insane! I've never cared much for her, but now I definitely don't. I'm glad you had such a great time on your trip. Happy Anniversary!

The Riggs Family said...

Sounds like you had fun! NYC is one of my favorite places...we got engaged there! Not a big Kirsten fan...that's crazy though!