Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Reminiscing...

Matt came back today after having been on a business trip to Chicago the past few days. Caroline, Nate Dog and I eagerly awaited his arrival and upon his return we decided to run a few errands together and take a little detour to a place that we love and has so much meaning to us, but we have not visited since our wedding night, French Park. The French House at French Park in Amberly Village (Cincinnati) was where we had our wedding reception on August 19, 2006. I cannot believe it has almost been two years since we were married!

Our visit was a bit bittersweet. We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED our wedding. There is not one thing we would have done differently. It was everything we ever wanted and much more, but I think we both get a little sad thinking about that beautiful place and that amazing night and how quickly it went by. I think we just want to hold on to that exact memory of what it was to us on that night and not see what it is now, still a beautiful mansion and park, but not our wedding reception that brought us even closer and allowed us to celebrate our love for each other with our amazing friends and family members.

So, for some reason tonight seemed like a perfect night to go to this place and share our love for it with Caroline. Perhaps she will want to carry on a tradition and have her wedding reception there one day... I can dream, right? (That dream will come right after my dream of her going to USC and becoming a Gamecock).

The house and park have obviously not changed too much over the past two years. It was still as beautiful today as it was two years ago (of course, minus one dapper husband and a very lovely bride). :)

We had a bite to eat and walked around and took a few pictures, reminiscing about our reception and how much fun we had. I would love to relive that day again and this time have Caroline there to experience all the enjoyment!

Here are a few pictures from our visit today and also a few pictures from our wedding day (we don't have a ton of wedding pictures on our computer...I guess I wasn't as technologically savvy two years ago):

















post signature

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Leanne, you guys did have a beautiful wedding and reception. I have told people about it many times and all about the southern charm that went along with it. I don't remember exactly what I ate, but I remember eating a lot of it and it being really yummy:)
Andy's cousin is getting married there Aug of 09. We'll have to tell you how it compares- I am sure that they are not going to have bagpipes to top it off:)