Matt and I are heading to New York City tomorrow morning and will return on Monday night! YEAH! We're leaving Miss Caroline behind to spend some time with her grandparents. This coming Tuesday is Matt and my second anniversary, so we thought a little weekend getaway might be a fun way to celebrate!
I haven't been to NYC since I was little, so I am really looking forward to our visit! Matt and I each picked a day to organize, then the last day we're just going to play it by ear. I haven't fully planned my day yet, however, there are a few things that I really want to see and I know Matt wouldn't pick them, so I plan to. MoMA (The Museum of Modern Art) and Ellis Island are two of the places I have always wanted to go. Ellis Island is of huge interest to me, as my Great-Grandparents came through Ellis Island from Norway. I know you can look up your ancestors there, which I would really like to do. Of course, I want to go shopping, eat at fun little street cafe's, visit Central Park, Greenwich Village and Time Square, which are all a given on this trip.
I'm sure we're going to have a blast, but we will definitely miss our little princess, luckily we're only gone a short time.
I haven't been to NYC since I was little, so I am really looking forward to our visit! Matt and I each picked a day to organize, then the last day we're just going to play it by ear. I haven't fully planned my day yet, however, there are a few things that I really want to see and I know Matt wouldn't pick them, so I plan to. MoMA (The Museum of Modern Art) and Ellis Island are two of the places I have always wanted to go. Ellis Island is of huge interest to me, as my Great-Grandparents came through Ellis Island from Norway. I know you can look up your ancestors there, which I would really like to do. Of course, I want to go shopping, eat at fun little street cafe's, visit Central Park, Greenwich Village and Time Square, which are all a given on this trip.
I'm sure we're going to have a blast, but we will definitely miss our little princess, luckily we're only gone a short time.
Off to NYC we go...





2 comments:
Have a great time and Happy Anniversary!! 2 years sure did go by fast, didn't it!
My mom saw Caroline's picture on our blog and was shocked at how much Caroline looked like you, Leanne:) She is super cute and Mara continues to talk about her.
Glad to hear that work is going well. I think you are doing a good balance with blogging and working:) Have fun!!
NYC, that sounds like fun for an anniversary celebration! Wes and I will be celebrating 5 years this coming February - what!! I hope you guys enjoy yourselves and how nice to have grandparents for the weekend! :)
Post a Comment