Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Molars, Oh My!

Caroline, Matt, Nate Dog and I had quite the long night on Friday night. Our little princess kept us up most of the night. I'm quite certain she is getting her top two molars in and they are not making her too happy!

She has never had any problems welcoming her new teeth into her mouth, but this time, it's just awful! She went to bed on Friday at 8:30pm and woke up SCREAMING at 11:30pm. She screamed and cried uncontrollably until 1:30am. I tried everything. Baby Orajel, Tylenol, cold washcloths, milk, food, rocking, singing, bathing...everything! Finally, she feel asleep at 1:30am. Then she woke up again at 4:30am. The exact same thing happened again! And we tried EVERYTHING to make her happy! She didn't want to be held, but she didn't want to be put down...it was just awful! I actually started crying myself! I felt so sad for her. It wasn't until around 4:30am that we were pretty sure it was her teeth. So, I decided the best way to calm her down, after the Orajel, was to take a bath. She she and I got in the bathtub at 4:30am! Oh, what a sight it was. But IT WORKED! She stopped screaming and started to relax a bit! Finally, at 6:00am, she went back to sleep and woke up at 9:30am! We were all exhausted the entire day! For those of you who knew me as a child, I am pretty sure Caroline has taken on my trait of hysteria! She was hyperventilating because she was crying so hard and just gasping for air! It reminded me so much of myself! I remember getting so hysterical as a child, especially if I got hurt, that I would have an asthma attack! Let's hope she doesn't make a habit of this! It was scary and so upsetting!

Thankfully, she seemed a bit better last night. She did get up at 1:30am, but Matt gave her some water and she went right back to sleep. Let's hope the molars come in soon for her sake and ours!

Here are a few pictures of how Caroline spent her Saturday! Naked and hiding in pillows! :)








post signature

2 comments:

Ally said...

I am so sorry you went through this. We aren't on molars yet, but had our roughtest teething experience this week too. Reading this I am VERY nervous about the molars now. The bath trick seems to work wonders around here as well.

On a happier note, Caroline's hair is getting SO LONG! She looks adorable with her strawberry blonde locks. I love it!

Jodi said...

Teething is not fun! I'm glad it wasn't on a school/work night for your sake, but after you are used to sleeping at night, waking up in the middle of it with a fussy baby is never fun.
Hopefully the hard part is over. I think Mara just got a 2 year molar. I at least liked using that excuse last week when she was melting down for no reason:)