Today was quite an eventful day. We went out for brunch this morning to meet up with Caroline's Uncle's Jon and Rick and Aunt Sis and Uncle Frank. We went to such a fun cafe in Covington, KY called the Greenup Cafe. It's a french cafe owned by a local restaurateur, Jean Robert de Cavel. All of his restaurants are amazing! I highly recommend each of them! They can be pricey, but are so worth it! After brunch, we decided to walk around the mansion district of Covington. For those of you who either live or visit Charleston, this is Cincinnati's/Covington's VERY SMALL version of the battery. It's filled with history and charm and sits right along the Kentucky side of the Ohio River. Matt and I want to buy this one, what do you guys think?
We both love this area. And if we had an extra million plus dollars lying around, we would certainly move right into that white mansion! I can dream, right! Here are a few more pictures from Covington.
Okay, back to reality. After our fabulous adventure through Covington, we said goodbye to Matt's family and headed to the mall. As most of you know, I have been working maybe 4 hours a month at Pottery Barn Kids so I could get the 40% discount to all William-Sonoma owned stores (PB, PBK, WS, WSH, West Elm). Yes, very nice discount. Well, this little job is going to cease very soon due to the fact that I start my new job on MONDAY! I wasn't sure how much longer my discount would last since I won't be working there much, if at all. So, we decided to hit up Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids and to buy a few things. My favorite being Caroline's brand new PINK retro kitchen. It looks like this:

We don't have a playroom yet...until we buy a new house, but I figure she won't be playing with it at this point anyway. Hopefully we will have a new house soon, since she has all sorts of fun things to fill a playroom!
After our shopping adventure we went home for a few hours so Caroline could take a quick nap. Then we went to our friend's daughter's 4th birthday party. Happy Birthday Morgan! It was a pool party, which is always fun for Caroline, since she absolutely loves the water! Here are a few pictures from the party.

After our shopping adventure we went home for a few hours so Caroline could take a quick nap. Then we went to our friend's daughter's 4th birthday party. Happy Birthday Morgan! It was a pool party, which is always fun for Caroline, since she absolutely loves the water! Here are a few pictures from the party.
We were supposed to go to a housewarming party this evening, but Caroline had other plans...sleep, mainly. She was exhausted! So, we conclude our eventful day with Caroline in her bed and Matt and I drinking wine and watching the Olympics! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment