I just got home from dropping Caroline off at her first day at the Goddard School. Surprisingly, it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, perhaps that's because I don't officially start work until next Monday, so she is only going to be there today until 12:30pm.
They welcomed her with open arms and she seemed pretty receptive. She cried for a second when I put her down in the "Turtle" room, but quickly found a box of toys and seemingly forgot I was there.
However, I did do a few things wrong... Not knowing much about the inner workings of daycare's, I didn't realize that I wasn't supposed to pack her lunch in a lunchbox, which now makes sense due to the fact that if everyone had a lunchbox, they wouldn't fit in the refrigerator. The other thing I did wrong was to bring a carton of milk for her... That's a no-no too. I have to fill her cups up with milk ahead of time. Aside from those two little mishaps, all went smoothly!
And of course I had to get pictures from her first day of school, which she wasn't too excited about. She did seem to like her new school shoes though!
However, I did do a few things wrong... Not knowing much about the inner workings of daycare's, I didn't realize that I wasn't supposed to pack her lunch in a lunchbox, which now makes sense due to the fact that if everyone had a lunchbox, they wouldn't fit in the refrigerator. The other thing I did wrong was to bring a carton of milk for her... That's a no-no too. I have to fill her cups up with milk ahead of time. Aside from those two little mishaps, all went smoothly!
And of course I had to get pictures from her first day of school, which she wasn't too excited about. She did seem to like her new school shoes though!





3 comments:
I'll be thinking about you! You handled your first drop off like a champ. Good luck with everything!
That was me, comment deleted b/c I misspelled some words. so here goes again --
I hope Caroline has a wonderful day and that you don't get Caroline-withdraw symptoms!
Post a Comment