Last night Miss Caroline was blessed to stay home with her Great Aunt B and Great Uncle Bubba (i.e. my Aunt and Uncle) so that her Daddy and I could go to a fundraising event for Insuring the Children (http://www.aboutitc.org/).
There were a number of items that were up for auction at the event. Matthew felt compelled to bid on a variety of items. One of the items was a picture of 3 Heisman Winners, who played football at OSU. The picture was signed by these 3 winners (Archie Griffin, Eddie George, Howard "Hopalong" Cassidy). I had no idea he was bidding on this item, and let's just say the bidding was getting expensive... And well, guess which item we ended up "winning?" That's right, THE PICTURE. Now, I'm sure there are lots of people out there who would love such an item, but I am certainly not one of them. And this picture will NEVER grace the walls of the Blair household. Matthew informed me that he bid on it, one, because it was for a good cause, and two, because he thinks we can get more money for it on eBay. I'm not even sure if that is ethical... Buy something from a non-profit and sell it for a profit! Regardless of the ethical aspect of this lovely situation, we will be selling it...and for your enjoyment I will even post a picture of the fabulous work! (If you want to buy it, let me know!!!!).
The event was a lot of fun! And it was certainly for a very good cause. My friend Elisha was there as well because her father was in charge of the event. So, we were able to reminisce over a few glasses of wine! :) Here are a few pictures...





1 comment:
Wow, that's some picture. He can probably get more for it on ebay. Brad sold his old Star War toys for a lot.
Do you have time to get together this week?
Post a Comment