Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Blessed...

There are certainly days where I ponder the thought of going back to work full time... You see, I have this thing called a "college degree" from the University of South Carolina in Marketing and International Business and upon having Caroline I have not really had the opportunity to utilize my "degree." I'm sure some of you who work are thinking why in the world would you want to go back to work if you don't have to? And honestly, I'm not sure why I periodically have these thoughts... Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE staying home with Caroline! It's is truly the most amazing and rewarding experience. She solely relies on me and I'm pretty sure I am her "best friend." So, the thought of leaving that is also hard... So, I guess I'm stuck in the middle... Sometimes I miss the adult interaction of a "career" and other times I am more than content staying home with my little princess...

And there are days like TODAY...beautiful flowers, 80 degree weather, blue skies and warm winds... And the ZOO! Caroline and I went to the zoo on this fabulous day. And I plopped her down among all the tulips and thought to myself, this is why I am staying home, I get to watch my daughter sit amongst hundreds of beautiful flowers on a warm Thursday and she smiles, laughs and claps to no end. And I think...if I were working today, I wouldn't get to see her with such excitement and peacefulness...

So... Today, I am more than blessed to have the opportunity to stay home with Caroline. It really is a blessing. I'm sure I will always have those days that I ponder the thought of going back to work and perhaps I will someday, but for now I will reflect on a day like today, and realize I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing. Enjoying every minute of Caroline's life as her "stay at home mommy"!

These are pictures from today at the Cincinnati Zoo (during "Zoo Blooms"):






**Oh and yes, she is wearing the same outfit as yesterday. :) Sophia, I LOVE IT! She may wear it everyday for the next month... Well, maybe not that long...


post signature

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Leanne I'm so glad that in the midst of your juggling the thoughts of work and staying home, you have these little moments. I can honestly say that I don't always appreicate enough the blessing that it really is to stay home and be with them for all of thier firsts, boo-boo's, questions, and so many "tulip moments."
I'm so glad Caroline has a mommy who is willing to put her degree on hold to be able to do such great stuff and just experience life with her.
Adult moments are good though. My moms group meets on Wed mornings and it has often been a real life saver, in terms of connecting with other moms who are also changing diapers and cleaning up messy baby food all day:)
Thanks for sharing. By the way, we were at the zoo last Thursday it is was truly beautiful. I didn't have our camera, but hope to go back with the kids before the flowers fade.

sK said...

Caroline looks great in the outfit - it really suits her. I'm glad you like it!

I understand everything you wrote about the 'career' question. I feel the same way, but I think it's important to feel the pull both ways. It means that you have made a good decision and that you can feel good about what you've chosen, but also that there is more than one aspect to your person. If I get this job my stay-at-home time may be over (well, part-time) and I've been really worried about it lately.
I think you are a great mom and you've helped me with SO much!

The Riggs Family said...

I love the bubble outfit and what cute pictures with the tulips! I go back and forth between staying home or continuing to teach all the time.

The Riggs Family said...

And yes, we need to get together again soon.