There are so many milestones that she will reach throughout the years and turning one is certainly one of them. And I couldn't imagine not having a birthday party for her special day, even if she won't remember it! She will always have the pictures to look at and her family will always have the memory of her very first birthday. She has been the greatest addition to our family and she certainly deserves a celebration!
So.... That being said, her Auntie Sara (She's not really an aunt by blood, but close enough) has been instrumental in helping with the party planning. Sara, who lives in Atlanta, knows how much I LOVE the South and hope to return someday, is helping me plan a Southern influenced birthday party. Now, I'm not even sure exactly what that means, but I guess the "vision" for the event will bring out the Southern charm in my little Southern Belle... (**Those of you who live in my dream land, South Carolina...Charleston to be specific, probably think I'm a little nutty planning such an affair, but I'd have to say I am a bit envious of you all and your warm spring days, beautiful flowers, sandy beaches, pearls, bow ties, Southern accents and so much more...) So this theme just seemed appropriate. Hopefully Caroline will also have as much of an allegiance to Carolina as I do. And HOPEFULLY she will become a Gamecock someday as well. (Caroline, Clemson is NOT an option).
Anyway, while I was down in Louisville I purchased Caroline's birthday dress, which looks like this:
**Sara, I had to put you on the blog...perhaps this will give you motivation to create one yourself! :) **






No comments:
Post a Comment