Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 10, 2008

Worth Visiting

A few weeks ago I received a link to a blog called "Confessions of a CF Husband." (*CF Meaning Cystic Fibrosis). I have since visited this blog almost daily. It has truly become somewhat of an addiction. I always want to know what's going on in the life of this family. Once you visit, you will see why!

Tricia, the wife, was born with CF. She was due to get a double lung transplant last year, and on a visit to her doctor, she came to find out that she was pregnant. She chose to forgo the double lung transplant in order to continue the pregnancy, fully aware that this was a huge risk. Well, less than 25 weeks later, she gave birth to a beautiful, yet very small baby girl. Her daughter was not even 1 pound.

Her husband decided to start a blog to keep people informed of his wife and daughter's progress. I'm sure he wasn't thinking it would reach over a million people worldwide. But it has. And it's worth reading and visiting daily. His wife is in the hospital and back on the transplant list. She is currently hooked up to a trachea. Their daughter is also still in the hospital (the same one as her mother) and is going on 8 weeks and almost 2 pounds.

This family has truly been an inspiration to me as well as countless others. I pray that this mother receives a lung transplant, which will prolong her life. Hopefully she will be able to watch her daughter grow!

Please visit their blog and pass it on! It's worth the visit!

post signature

3 comments:

CFHusband said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Here is another great blog, a little lighter but also interesting.

thelifeofsuz.blogspot.com

Jodi said...

Leanne, I couldn't agree more. The website really does stop and make you appreciate all of the little and big blessings that we take for granted.
Lately when my kids have been "driving me crazy!!!" I just think what a blessing all of their energy is. I CAN be thankful for all of thier noises!
Thanks for the link. They are in our prayers. I can only imagine what it is like to have such a tiny baby, and a sick spouse to take care of and worry about.