Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Daddy/Daughter Prayer Time

Growing up, prayer for me was always very personal (and it still is). I did it by myself in my room. Usually starting off as a letter in my head. (Dear God...) Matt, on the other hand, had a very different experience, praying aloud has always felt very natural to him.

As uncomfortable as praying aloud has been for me, Matt has introduced it to Caroline. And I will have to say it has been life changing for me. No, I cannot say that I am able to join in praying aloud with him and Caroline, however, I do stand by his side with a smile and a feeling of comfort.

This is he and Caroline's special prayer:

"Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, God bless Mommy, Daddy, Caroline, Nate Dog, Nana and Papa Smith, Grandma and Grandpa Blair, Uncle Scott, Uncle Todd and Aunt Lisa, Great Grandma Mimi (my Grandma), Great Papa Holmes in Heaven, Great Grandma Blair in Heaven, all Caroline's little friends and family members." At the end of the prayer it changes every day. Matt adds a variety of things. Lately, he has been praying that Caroline gets over her cold quickly.

The reason I chose to write about this tonight is because it has truly had a big impact on me. Although I am not totally comfortable with praying aloud with them, it really means a great deal to me that Matt and Caroline have this moment. And I honestly think Caroline enjoys it as well. She is always so calm during this time. I want Caroline to know that she can certainly find solace and comfort in prayer! And I love that her Daddy is able to show her this!

post signature

No comments: