Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Digression...

Yesterday, during our first of two snow days, Caroline demonstrated a sign of digression... In the form of this thing called a PACIFIER! Caroline has NEVER been interested in pacifiers. When she was an infant we tried to get her to use them thinking it would help calm her, but she was never enthused. Instead, she found her thumb and they have been the best of friends ever since.

Yesterday, that changed! She found a pacifier tucked away in her room. She emerged from the depths of her closet with this purple, blue and yellow thing in her mouth. It stayed in her mouth much of the afternoon. I wasn't too worried. I find that a pacifier is easier to REMOVE from her mouth then her trusty thumb.

Today she woke up and the pacifier has been put away...for good...something we cannot do to her thumb... I guess we will cross that bridge when necessary. I can only hope she won't be one of those kids who wants to suck her thumb in kindergarten! Yikes!

Here's my little peanut who digressed for a day!











post signature

1 comment:

Emmy said...

I hate pacifiers! :) Grady does not like them either. Maybe I should make sure he can't find them one day :)