Last weekend I ventured to Atlanta for a ladies weekend with a few college friends. If you're from Cincinnati you will know that last week was NOT a pretty week here. The weather was terrible...blizzard-like conditions! Needless to say our decision to go was a very last minute decision.
My friend, Megan, who I have known since I was five and went to grade school, high school and college with me, and I were planning to drive from Cincinnati to Lexington, Kentucky to pick up our friend Tracy. Then the three of us planned to drive to Atlanta to see our friend Sara.
Our last minute decision was indeed that. We woke up on Friday morning and decided we would drive in flurries! The weather was only supposed to be bad through Lexington and then smooth sailing after that.
Well, the adventure to Lexington wasn't too bad, except for at one point when there was maybe 3 feet visibility due to a random blizzard. We survived, although I thought I was going to lose it at one point. We made it to Lexington and the three of us were off... If you have ever driven from Cincinnati to Atlanta, it's the easiest drive ever...for MOST people! :) It's a straight shot down I-75. Of course, when you get three friends from college together, who are chatting nonstop, that drive is perhaps a little less easy. :) We ended up missing a detour in Knoxville in order for us to continue on I-75 and accidentally ended up taking I-40 West. Needless to say, we didn't realize this until we had gone an hour and a half OUT OF OUR WAY heading to Nashville! We were shocked, but surprisingly not upset. We thought it was hilarious. We even had a Garmin (but thought we didn't need it...haha...we definitely needed it!). Needless to say, we used the Garmin from our new locale... We had to go through the middle of Nowhereville, Tennessee for an extra hour and a half... Wow...can we say Deliverance! Of course, we called Sara and told her we were going to be at least an hour in a half late. She laughed and eventually we made it!
Upon our arrival, we got ourselves back into quasi-college mode and went out to dinner and then to the bars in an area called Midtown, which is where Sara lives. We danced and chatted and had so much fun!
Saturday, we went to this really cute area called Virginia Highlands for lunch and shopping. And then we were at it again. Another night of dinner, dancing and reminiscing!
Ladies trips are so incredibly necessary! I love, love, love being a mom and wife, but my girlfriends will ALWAYS be incredibly important to me and I plan to make sure that I never let these ladies trips cease!
Here are a few pictures from our adventure!
My friend, Megan, who I have known since I was five and went to grade school, high school and college with me, and I were planning to drive from Cincinnati to Lexington, Kentucky to pick up our friend Tracy. Then the three of us planned to drive to Atlanta to see our friend Sara.
Our last minute decision was indeed that. We woke up on Friday morning and decided we would drive in flurries! The weather was only supposed to be bad through Lexington and then smooth sailing after that.
Well, the adventure to Lexington wasn't too bad, except for at one point when there was maybe 3 feet visibility due to a random blizzard. We survived, although I thought I was going to lose it at one point. We made it to Lexington and the three of us were off... If you have ever driven from Cincinnati to Atlanta, it's the easiest drive ever...for MOST people! :) It's a straight shot down I-75. Of course, when you get three friends from college together, who are chatting nonstop, that drive is perhaps a little less easy. :) We ended up missing a detour in Knoxville in order for us to continue on I-75 and accidentally ended up taking I-40 West. Needless to say, we didn't realize this until we had gone an hour and a half OUT OF OUR WAY heading to Nashville! We were shocked, but surprisingly not upset. We thought it was hilarious. We even had a Garmin (but thought we didn't need it...haha...we definitely needed it!). Needless to say, we used the Garmin from our new locale... We had to go through the middle of Nowhereville, Tennessee for an extra hour and a half... Wow...can we say Deliverance! Of course, we called Sara and told her we were going to be at least an hour in a half late. She laughed and eventually we made it!
Upon our arrival, we got ourselves back into quasi-college mode and went out to dinner and then to the bars in an area called Midtown, which is where Sara lives. We danced and chatted and had so much fun!
Saturday, we went to this really cute area called Virginia Highlands for lunch and shopping. And then we were at it again. Another night of dinner, dancing and reminiscing!
Ladies trips are so incredibly necessary! I love, love, love being a mom and wife, but my girlfriends will ALWAYS be incredibly important to me and I plan to make sure that I never let these ladies trips cease!
Here are a few pictures from our adventure!
This is from our adventure in Nowheresville, Tennessee!
Cute picture...wish our German friend wouldn't have thrown himself in the middle...





No comments:
Post a Comment