Today is my first very "snow day" as a mama! Normally these "special" days are reserved for teachers and school aged kids, but today I also got to reap the benefits of the 5 inches of snow we have received thus far. My office was CLOSED! I was very grateful to my boss for closing the office, as I HATE driving in this weather!
Matt braved the storm and made it in one piece to his office, while Caroline, Nate Dog and I stayed in our pj's! Currently Caroline is taking a nap, but this morning we did all sorts of things... It somewhat made me miss being a stay at home mama, however, I don't think I would have enough energy to do it again...at least not now. Let's see.... We have already done the following and it's only noon: Ate breakfast. Watched part of a Veggie Tales movie. Colored. Read books. Sat on the potty...twice. Built a fort out of pillows and blankets. Road a princess car around the house. Ate a few crayons. Colored on the floor. Threw puzzles across the room. Attempted to play the piano. And then... We ventured outside in the snow! Caroline and Nate Dog dominated the snow. They LOVED it! Then, we came back inside, had hot chocolate and lunch. Watch a little more of the Veggie Tales movie and finally...took a nap!
Matt braved the storm and made it in one piece to his office, while Caroline, Nate Dog and I stayed in our pj's! Currently Caroline is taking a nap, but this morning we did all sorts of things... It somewhat made me miss being a stay at home mama, however, I don't think I would have enough energy to do it again...at least not now. Let's see.... We have already done the following and it's only noon: Ate breakfast. Watched part of a Veggie Tales movie. Colored. Read books. Sat on the potty...twice. Built a fort out of pillows and blankets. Road a princess car around the house. Ate a few crayons. Colored on the floor. Threw puzzles across the room. Attempted to play the piano. And then... We ventured outside in the snow! Caroline and Nate Dog dominated the snow. They LOVED it! Then, we came back inside, had hot chocolate and lunch. Watch a little more of the Veggie Tales movie and finally...took a nap!
Whoa... That's a lot in one morning! I do miss spending my days with Caroline, but I think I would be worn out if I did this day after day! Who knows... My opinion may change when we prepare for a second peanut (not anytime soon...no need to ask)!
Here are a few pictures of Miss Caroline enjoying her day with her mama!





No comments:
Post a Comment