Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Life Returns to a New Normal!

The Step Out Walk to Fight Diabetes has officially concluded. The event went very well. I would estimated we had well over 1,000 walkers on Saturday, which was wonderful! This was my first time organizing an event like this, and I only started working at the ADA 10 weeks ago... However, I think a lot was accomplished and it was as successful as it was going to be considering the short time frame and turnover in our office. Everyone I talked to, who came as a participant, said they had a great time! Of course, being the "organizer" of the walk, I found quite a few little issues that I can certainly learn from for next year. Now that this walk is over, my mission is to start working on next year's walk...making it bigger and better than this year!

I arrived at home yesterday at 2pm, that was after spending 8 hours at Lunken Airport Playfield for the walk. I was exhausted, but was so glad to see Matt and Caroline that I opted to have a family day as opposed to going back to bed. Matt has been out of town for nearly 2 weeks straight, for work, and I have been super busy planning the walk, that we haven't been able to just relax in awhile. We relaxed at home for a bit and then decided to take Caroline to get her very FIRST haircut! I was sort of opposed to doing this, however, lately, her hair covers her eyes so much (if she's not wearing a bow, which truly only happens at night) that it's hard for her to see. So, I thought we should go and get it "trimmed," so she could see and so her hair doesn't get caught in her boogers while she's sleeping (this happens a lot when she has a runny nose...it's disgusting). Well, we go to Kid's Kuts in Hyde Park Plaza, which is one of those cheesy kid's places that has little animals for the kids to sit on and get their hair cut. Caroline opted for the horse. She seemed content most of the time. She whined only a little bit when the woman sprayed her hair. I'd have to say, her trim was really just that. The woman told us that we probably shouldn't cut her hair in the front (i.e. bangs). Apparently Miss Caroline has a very small forehead according to this woman and that being the case it would be very high maintenance. The word high maintenance and 16-months really shouldn't go together, so we just got the trim. It doesn't look any different and ended up costing us $16!!! Yes, that's right, $16...remember, she's 16-months old! Totally ridiculous! We were in there for all of 10 minutes total! That was the first and last time for that place. Maybe when she's older it would be more worthwhile to spend that much, but certainly not now... We did get some cute pictures though! :)





Today, we met the Gemmel's and Walters' at the Cincinnati Zoo for HallZOOween. Of course, we had to dress Caroline up in her Halloween costume. This year she's a bumblebee! She looked too cute in her costume. I wish she could wear it every day! I got it last year at Pottery Barn Kids, when I was working there. It was after Halloween, so it was on sale and then I got my discount on top of that, so it was six dollars! The best six dollars ever spent!

Here are some pictures of our adventure at the zoo!








Now that work is going to be a little less crazy for a while, I will have more time to update the blog! So, stay tuned for more of "It's A Blair Life!" :) I will leave you with these pictures I took of Caroline a few days ago! She looked too cute (despite the hidden cookie remnants in her mouth).


To see all our updated pictures, CLICK HERE.




post signature

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Leanne, I'm so glad to hear that the walk is over and it went well! I can't believe you are already going to plan for next year, but it probably will end up bigger and better that way. And Carolines haircut, very cute. I'm impressed with how well she did-maybe she can teach our boys a lesson on not crying during a haircut:)