Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankgiving - Western PA Style!

Matt, Caroline and I went to Matt's family's farm for Thanksgiving. I have written about this place before, as we usually go at least once a year. The farm is about 40 minutes north of Pittsburgh. It is surrounded by lots of other "working" farms and beautiful tall trees, streams and rivers. The land has been in Matt's family for a very long time. When his grandmother died, his parents took over the old farmhouse as well as 35 acres of untouched land, which included a pond, barn, forest and is home to an unknown amount of wildlife. Matt's aunt and uncle also live on the property in a newer home and they have the other 65+ acres of land. It's truly a peaceful place, which is why I am certain his family enjoys it so much.

Western Pennsylvania gets snow much earlier than we do in Cincinnati. There were at least 4 inches of snow when we arrived last Wednesday. I don't think I have been there during the fall/winter when it hasn't snowed.

We arrived at the farm last Wednesday. We relaxed and ate lots, of course. Isn't that what you do during the holidays? :) On Thursday, Matt's parents, Matt, Caroline and I went to celebrate Thanksgiving at a beautiful old inn called the Riverside Inn. It has been an inn since 1885 and the decor had obviously not changed since then. It was quite a lovely place and was surprisingly very packed. After dinner we went to Matt's aunt and uncle's house for dessert and coffee (and wine, of course) with many of Matt's cousins. Three of Matt's cousins are 14, 8 and 5 and Caroline thought they were the coolest people ever. They were so sweet with her and practically babysat her for us.

On Friday, we went to the Grove City Outlet Mall. Caroline and I got lots of very nice things. Caroline totally has me beat when it comes to fashion... Maybe it's because I care more about what she looks like than what I look like... :) We met up with the rest of the family that evening for dinner and great conversation.

Matt, Caroline, Nate Dog and I left early on Saturday morning so we could get back for my friend's wedding.

It was certainly a fun Thanksgiving! I missed my family, but it was very nice to spend the holiday with Matt's family!

Here are a few pictures, and the rest are on our Shutterly website, which you can view by clicking here.


















post signature

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I love how Caroline goes from so cute and miss fashion to sticking her hands down her pants:) Looks like it would be a great place to go for Christmas too!