Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Final Year Of Being A "Twenty Something!"

Yesterday, we went and got family pictures taken with my parents and brother. This is something that hadn't been done since our wedding and before that since I was probably 10. It was LONG overdue! The pictures turned out okay, I will try and post some of the pictures when we get them back next week. Caroline wasn't too thrilled about having her picture taken by herself, but she did okay...better than her experience with Santa, that's for sure!

After our picture experience, we went to the Bass Pro Shop's, Santa's Workshop, so Caroline could see more trains as well as view Santa from afar. I thought they did such a great job with their Christmas display. Not to mention, the store was CRAZY packed. This store showed no visible signs of the negative economic times we're having.

We headed home and my loving husband, Matthew, had many surprises in store for me to celebrate my 29th birthday (a day early). Matt's parents drove down from West Chester to babysit and Matthew took me to The Celestial Restaurant for a fantastic dinner and then we went to Playhouse in the Park to see the most hilarious show ever, "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change." If you're in Cincinnati and have a free evening, I highly recommend seeing this performance. It's a 4-person musical comedy that "celebrates the triumphs and trials of the modern-day mating game." Matthew knows how much I enjoy going to the Playhouse or any show for that matter and I have to say this was the best choice he has made yet. Such a great birthday gift! Here's a picture of our dessert at The Celestial. Soooo yummy!

Today was my actual birthday, which was a little less eventful than yesterday, but fun nonetheless. Of course, I had to work. Then we met my family at Slatts for my birthday dinner. It was a fun and relaxing evening... Crazy to think...this is my last birthday in my 20's... Where has time gone!

post signature

2 comments:

sbsalyers said...

Enjoy your last year as a twenty-something. It looks like you and Matt had a lovely night out!

Emmy said...

29 ?! Why are you not 30 like the rest of us ??! I will be turning 31 in March...ugh. Matt is a wonderful husband that was a nice evening he planned for you :), too cute. Is that creme brulee? (sp?) Yum one of my favs! How was the celestial? Have not been there in many years.