This past Saturday, Matthew and I went to a Christmas Party with our friends and let's just say it was quite a lively and fun evening! Matthew's parents were kind enough to welcome Caroline and Nate Dog into their home for a slumber party, so we could go to the party and not worry about getting home at a specific time.
The pictures certainly speak for themselves and certainly illustrate the fun that was had! I have said this before and I will say it again, I love Caroline more than anything in the world, but I do cherish the times that Matthew and I can still go out with our friends for an enjoyable evening.
I was with a friend the other day and she described me as being nearly the exact same Leanne that she's known her entire life, but instead of toting myself around I now tote around myself and Caroline. I would have to say I find this to be mostly true. Becoming a parent certainly makes you change a bit, but I have vowed to myself to always make sure I have a balance in life. Don't get me wrong, being a mom is the BEST thing in my life, but I also enjoy being a wife, friend, sister, daughter, co-worker and much more. I want to be able to give Caroline as much attention as possible, but I also make time for other interests (i.e. fun-filled Christmas parties!!!). I strongly believe that maintaining a balanced life allows me to be the best Mama I can be to my little princess!
Here are a few pictures from the party. Additionally, I have updated our Shutterfly pictures to view all our pictures, click here if you wish to see them!
The pictures certainly speak for themselves and certainly illustrate the fun that was had! I have said this before and I will say it again, I love Caroline more than anything in the world, but I do cherish the times that Matthew and I can still go out with our friends for an enjoyable evening.
I was with a friend the other day and she described me as being nearly the exact same Leanne that she's known her entire life, but instead of toting myself around I now tote around myself and Caroline. I would have to say I find this to be mostly true. Becoming a parent certainly makes you change a bit, but I have vowed to myself to always make sure I have a balance in life. Don't get me wrong, being a mom is the BEST thing in my life, but I also enjoy being a wife, friend, sister, daughter, co-worker and much more. I want to be able to give Caroline as much attention as possible, but I also make time for other interests (i.e. fun-filled Christmas parties!!!). I strongly believe that maintaining a balanced life allows me to be the best Mama I can be to my little princess!
Here are a few pictures from the party. Additionally, I have updated our Shutterfly pictures to view all our pictures, click here if you wish to see them!





1 comment:
Cheers to keeping a balance! I completely agree! It is nice to see that you got out and had a night to share with your friends. Looks like you had an awful time :) LOL.
Post a Comment