Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It Was Halloween...A Few Days Ago!

I need to get caught up with what has gone on in the Blair household. Obviously, it was Halloween a few days ago! This was the first year where Caroline wasn't just a blob. She was running around and having a blast! I am pretty sure she understood that people were handing out treats as well.

Her daycare had a little Halloween party on Thursday. And actually it was called a "Harvest Party," because apparently some people find Halloween offensive! Anyway, that's a whole other discuss for a different post! :) At Caroline's school party, she opted (or I opted) for her to wear her Miami University (Matt's Alma Mater) cheerleading uniform. I didn't want her actual Halloween costume to get messy from daycare. The party started at 3:30pm and all the parents were invited to attend. They had a little parade to show off their costumes, then they enjoyed treats brought in by each family. They were all so cute and so proud to show off their classroom and costumes! I've said it before, but Caroline has truly learned so much for her school. I can't imagine her not being there! They do so many fun and creative things! Every day we come home with some kind of project that should be mounted on the fridge, but usually ends up on the floor in the car. :)

Here are a few pictures from Caroline's party at school! Her friend Lucy, who she seems to have become best friend's with since she started at school is the skunk!







On Friday, actual Halloween, we had quite the busy day. We went to Matt's parents, my parents, my Grandma's and our friend's parents house for a Finneytown reunion (something we do once every other month). Caroline thoroughly enjoyed her first "real" Halloween. She LOVES chocolate and LOVED putting her hand in the candy to pick out as many pieces as she could handle. It was too funny. Of course, not that Matt and I needed to do this based on our current physical state, but we ended up eating most of Caroline's candy, leaving her with a couple pieces. :) Sad, I know!

Our last stop of the night was at the Schmidt's house and Caroline was able to meet up with her friend's Nate and Paige. She and Nate are practically the same age, so they ran around together. Paige is 6 months old and a little less enthused by the big kids. She's be their age soon enough! Our little Caroline did experience a not so fun event at the Schmidt's. She tripped and fell down the stairs! Yes, that's right, 8 steps! Luckily they were carpeted and Matthew was right by her side, but it happened so fast, that he couldn't catch her. I wasn't near them at the time, so thankfully I didn't have to go into panic mode to see it happen! Just like my little Caroline though, she cried for 2 seconds and then went back to doing what she does best, running around! She's definitely a strong little lady! Anytime she falls or gets hurt, she gets right back up and moves on!

Here are a few pictures from the Halloween festivities!



Yes, that is my mom's ice-skating uniform (she took lessons during my college years...don't ask) :)



Best picture ever! Caroline was so scared of my friend, Kati's, dad! Hilarious!










post signature






No comments: