Caroline and I went on a little trip to Louisville yesterday to visit our friends, The Koesters'. They have three little one's and one on the way, so there were lots of kids for Miss Caroline to play with!
The Koesters' live in an adorable neighborhood in Louisville called St. Matthew's. It reminds me of Hyde Park (where we live) only more spread out and more shops and restaurants. When we arrived the kids played for a bit, then we ate lunch at their house and then went to the most adorable dessert shop I have ever been to called the Homeade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen (yes, I looked it up, Jodi!!!) :). I think it was better and cuter than Graeters and Busken (both places are in Cincinnati). The kid's enjoyed ice cream, cupcakes and cookies and Miss Caroline proceeded to get lots of it on her new outfit! It was a good thing her daddy' wasn't there as I don't think he would have approved of her eating so many sweets! She sure did like it though!
Speaking of Caroline's daddy, he left us on Thursday night for his annual golf trip with his friend's. He will finally return on Sunday! I always agree to this trip about 8 months in advance and then when it arrives, I somewhat regret saying yes... But I think this just means I am need of a weekend getaway with the ladies...no kiddos and no husbands! :)
Back to our little trip, we ate our dessert and let the kids run around outside for a bit, then Caroline and I headed home, so we could go eat dinner with my family at my grandma's house.
Jodi, Titus, Sam and Mara (and baby "Lucy" in Jodi's belly), we had so much fun with you guys and hopefully we can do it again sooner than later! Thanks for welcoming us for a few hours!!!
The Koesters' live in an adorable neighborhood in Louisville called St. Matthew's. It reminds me of Hyde Park (where we live) only more spread out and more shops and restaurants. When we arrived the kids played for a bit, then we ate lunch at their house and then went to the most adorable dessert shop I have ever been to called the Homeade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen (yes, I looked it up, Jodi!!!) :). I think it was better and cuter than Graeters and Busken (both places are in Cincinnati). The kid's enjoyed ice cream, cupcakes and cookies and Miss Caroline proceeded to get lots of it on her new outfit! It was a good thing her daddy' wasn't there as I don't think he would have approved of her eating so many sweets! She sure did like it though!
Speaking of Caroline's daddy, he left us on Thursday night for his annual golf trip with his friend's. He will finally return on Sunday! I always agree to this trip about 8 months in advance and then when it arrives, I somewhat regret saying yes... But I think this just means I am need of a weekend getaway with the ladies...no kiddos and no husbands! :)
Back to our little trip, we ate our dessert and let the kids run around outside for a bit, then Caroline and I headed home, so we could go eat dinner with my family at my grandma's house.
Jodi, Titus, Sam and Mara (and baby "Lucy" in Jodi's belly), we had so much fun with you guys and hopefully we can do it again sooner than later! Thanks for welcoming us for a few hours!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment