Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 2, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW/DADDY!!

Today is Matt's 31st Birthday! And of course we had to celebrate. We decided to celebrate as a little family yesterday, since we have plans with friends this evening. That being said, I wanted to do something nice for Matthew for his special day. I decided I would make a birthday dinner and cake. However, as most of you know, I hate cooking. Well, maybe I don't hate it, I just don't do it enough to actually realize that it might be fun.

So, yesterday afternoon I ventured to the grocery store to find something to make. And I opted for making something "homemade." I figured that might be more thoughtful than something right out of the box. So, I decided to make homemade lasagna, garlic bread, salad and birthday cake (the cake was from a box!!).

I didn't realize how long it took to make lasagna. It took 2 and a half hours. But upon Matt's arrival home from work, it was complete, and I had lasagna, garlic bread, salad and wine for us to enjoy for Matt's birthday. And it wasn't too bad. It actually looked presentable and tasted good. Maybe this cooking thing isn't so bad after all.

Matt's birthday cake was somewhat of a different story. Of course, it's almost impossible to screw up a boxed cake, so it tasted great, but I think my decorating skills were less than desireable. It looked like Caroline may have had a part in decorating it!

Here's a few pictures from our little family birthday party, a tradition I want to start!

No comments: