Matt, Caroline and I went to Naples, Florida last weekend through last Wednesday for a mini-vacation with Matt's parents. We departed the 35 degree weather in Cincinnati and headed south towards much warmer weather with SUNNY skies, something we don't see too much of during the winter months!
Our vacation was beautiful and lots of fun. Caroline has been to the beach a few times, but this was her first time walking on the beach. She's obsessed, that's for sure! I think she's followed in her mommy's footsteps with her love for the beach and water! We spent a good bit of time swimming at the pool, which Caroline loved. The only problem with her love for swimming is she would prefer to not be held in the pool. She has always been an independent little girl, so it's not surprising that she would want to try and swim on her own...
This little vacation certainly made me rethink my decision of living in Ohio. I think I've always been a sun-worshipping, beach-obsessed, wanna-be Southerner, therefore, I often find myself longing for a life of ocean, sun, blue skies and Southern accents! Prior to graduation from USC in South Carolina, I was certain I would stay in South Carolina and move to Charleston... Well, obviously that didn't happen... Everything happens for a reason, right! Had I moved to Charleston, I would not have met Matthew and certainly there would be no Caroline! Perhaps someday our family will venture South... It's a "work in progress!" Matt already owns boat shoes, a number of bow ties and croakies... I'm grooming him to be my "Southern Gentleman!"
In four weeks we will be venturing to Charleston to stay with my parents at their place on the Isle of Palms (my favorite place ever)! It will be yet another adventure to the beach for our little traveler! (Hopefully our flight to Charleston, our little princess will be better behaved than our flight to/from Naples!)
Here are a few pictures from our trip to Florida!





Our vacation was beautiful and lots of fun. Caroline has been to the beach a few times, but this was her first time walking on the beach. She's obsessed, that's for sure! I think she's followed in her mommy's footsteps with her love for the beach and water! We spent a good bit of time swimming at the pool, which Caroline loved. The only problem with her love for swimming is she would prefer to not be held in the pool. She has always been an independent little girl, so it's not surprising that she would want to try and swim on her own...
This little vacation certainly made me rethink my decision of living in Ohio. I think I've always been a sun-worshipping, beach-obsessed, wanna-be Southerner, therefore, I often find myself longing for a life of ocean, sun, blue skies and Southern accents! Prior to graduation from USC in South Carolina, I was certain I would stay in South Carolina and move to Charleston... Well, obviously that didn't happen... Everything happens for a reason, right! Had I moved to Charleston, I would not have met Matthew and certainly there would be no Caroline! Perhaps someday our family will venture South... It's a "work in progress!" Matt already owns boat shoes, a number of bow ties and croakies... I'm grooming him to be my "Southern Gentleman!"
In four weeks we will be venturing to Charleston to stay with my parents at their place on the Isle of Palms (my favorite place ever)! It will be yet another adventure to the beach for our little traveler! (Hopefully our flight to Charleston, our little princess will be better behaved than our flight to/from Naples!)
Here are a few pictures from our trip to Florida!





2 comments:
Do it!! Move to the south! Hopefully one day I'll make it back. :)
We loved having lunch with you all in Naples! That was so fun! I know sometimes I secretly wish we were in warmer weather climate. If we ever move it will be to North Carolina somewhere.
Post a Comment