Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 6, 2009

We Found A House...Actually A HOME!

I have always been the type of person that when I see something I want, I go after it and make it happen. I am NOT a shopper. I hate browsing for months and months. You could say I am impulsive, however, I have never had any regrets with my decisions! When I selected a college (The University of South Carolina), I knew two years in advance that that would be the college I would be attending. I didn't even want to look anywhere else, once I found USC, which was one of the FIRST colleges I truly looked at. Then, when I bought my first car "real" car, it was the FIRST car I test drove. I LOVED it! Additionally, my wedding dress was the FIRST dress I tried on...I couldn't have picked a better dress that fit "me!" So, when it came time for Matthew and I to really look at houses (after ours finally went pending), the first house I saw, I knew it was what I wanted...and after showing it to Matt, I knew it was what WE wanted!

We immediately set up an appointment to view it with our Realtor (my mom) for the following day (this past Tuesday). We fell in LOVE immediately! It has the Southern charm that I always gravitate towards and it is more than unique! Matt and I were weary of looking in the suburbs, since we LOVE living close to the city in Hyde Park, however, when we started looking around months ago just for fun, we just couldn't find what we were looking for in those areas close to the city that were priced appropriately. I have always been a fan of Loveland, which is where this house is located. It's an older suburb filled with charm and lots of trees. It has many of the "typical" suburban neighborhoods, but it also has a lot of areas filled with tons of character. And it even has a little village filled with quaint shops and restaurants (similar to Hyde Park Square), which is something I deemed a MUST when we started looking. We visited this house twice, once with just my mom and then again with my family and Matt's family. Everyone LOVED it! We wrote an offer...countered a few times, and today, finally reached a very appropriate agreement!

I can't wait till we finally get to move in, which will take place on April 15th! This will be more than just a house to us, it will be our HOME! A home that we can be proud to call ours and a home we will create many, many new memories!

Of course, I will show ya'll pictures of our "Southern" looking farmhouse and give you the details. It was built in 1912, which I find to be incredibly fascinating. I can't wait to find out the true history behind this house and who owned it! It was purchased in 2007 at an auction for a very good price. The couple that purchased it had the intention of flipping it, which is exactly what they did. They redid the ENTIRE home. It has new walls, new floors, refinished hardwood, entirely new kitchen, new bathrooms, all new fixtures and much more. It has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, living room, dining area (attached to the kitchen), family room, sun room, mud room, laundry room. The only two downsides, which are VERY minimal to us, is it doesn't have a basement and it is heated by oil (there is an oil tank in the garage, which is filled by the "oil man" 3 times per year....truly not a big deal, as it still feels the same as gas/electric heat and is easily converted). So, basically (as I mentioned before), we're getting a home that has the charm and look from when it was built, but with all new amenities and it was at a very decent price considering the amount of money they put into the house.

We are thrilled to say the least! Nate (our dog) will have a fabulous fenced in yard to run around in and Caroline will have lots of fun exploring the yard! Not to mention, it's right next door to a school with a playground, at the edge of your more "traditional" suburban subdivision (she will be able to make friends there and ride her bike) and it's close to pretty much anything and everything (Cosco, Kroger, Target, cute restaurants, etc.).

Below is the new place. You can view more pictures by clicking here:




post signature

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Congrats! This house really does suite you! I am not happy about everyone moving to Loveland but you do get more bang for your buck. I can definitely see why it is appealing. Built in 1912?! Think it is haunted? Not trying to scare you, I am just fascinated with the idea of paranormal activity.

The Martin Family said...

Wow Leanne! It's beautiful! I know you are so excited and ready to get in there and put your own personal touches on your home. Congrats on finding the home of your dreams!