Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend Festivities...

This weekend was quite enjoyable! Friday, our little princess went to my parents for a sleepover. Of course, we always miss her when she away for the night, but are certainly blessed to have nights with friends sometimes. We went to our friend's housewarming party at their new loft, which was amazing, I might add. Lots of fun!




On Saturday, Valentine's Day, we had FOUR showings (yes, our house is STILL for sale...we just lowered the price again...so hopefully this time it will sell!), so we had to leave our house all day. That being said, we went all over Cincinnati looking at houses and then went to our friend's son's first birthday party. Needless to say, Caroline did not have a nap. We were supposed to go to the Xavier basketball game, but Caroline had other plans... Her plans entailed screaming and crying. Of course, I couldn't blame her. I get cranky too when I don't get enough sleep. So, we opted to go home and put her to bed. She literally slept from 6:30pm until 8:00am the following morning. Tired little peanut! Matt and I celebrated Valentine's Day, by eating sweet potatoes and watching Brian's Song. Yea, I know, we went ALL OUT! He did send me flowers at work during the week and got me a card. That was much more than I did for him. :( I pretty much forgot! I guess you could say, once Caroline arrived in our lives, I have not focused too much on the little holidays... I'm sure I will once Caroline gets older!

On Sunday, Caroline finally got together with one of her friend's, Nadia. Nadia's mom, Sophia, and I have been trying to get our girls together forever! I should have taken pictures, but I completely forgot! Caroline and Nadia tried to be on their best behavior, but it was a bit trying! Caroline launched a wooden egg at Nadia and Nadia opted to pull Caroline's hair... I am quite certainly they still had a fabulous time. They played with Caroline's kitchen and made quite a mess of her room. Fun times!

Today (yes, I'm giving you a play by play detail of our weekend...I'm trying to make up for my lack of blogging), we had the day off, so we called my brother, Scott, and decided to go up to Miami University for lunch. Scott and Matt both went to Miami, graduating in 1998 and 1999. They realized how long ago that was when they saw the young kids on campus...and I certainly couldn't believe that I had graduated from college six and a half years ago...wow! We opted to eat at probably one of the "nicer" college restaurants on High Street (the street where all the bars are). It was fun to tour around and reminisce about college. Ah, those were the days...

We went in a few of the shops up there and Caroline got a Miami t-shirt and her FIRST tutu. If you all know anything about Miami it has the stigma of being "J.Crew U," which is very, very true! I would also add, I'm certain each student's parents have stock in North Face.

Here are a few pictures of Caroline, once we got back to our house, in her new t-shirt and tutu. Too cute!







And now... Princess Caroline is sound asleep and Matt is making me watch Deliverance... Not the best movie ever...a bit disturbing! :)

post signature

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Too cute! Now she needs a tiara to go with it, and a wand, and some princess shoes....