Obviously, I have been on a blog hiatus for a bit, while we moved from one area in Cincinnati to another. We went from being city slickers to suburbanites! I'd have to say that a few days leading up to the move, we were both a little sad to leave Hyde Park, but once we made the move last Friday and started to get a bit settled in our new house, I'd have to say, we made a FABULOUS decision! We're so happy in our new house and enjoying each moment. Of course, I am the type of person who always desires immediate results, but I am trying to be patient with the unpacking process. We are getting there... Slowly we'll hang pictures on the wall and display personal items or "knick-knacks". Right now, we're just trying to figure out where everything is and where we want to put it.
Our house has not been lived in for almost two years. The couple who sold it to us bought it and flipped it. They did a fabulous job and had great taste! The one thing that they did not do was install closets (shelving and hanging bars). This has been the one immediate project we have had to tackle. We have been to Lowe's at least 5 times in a week! Matt's cousin was kind enough to come over for a day and help install closets! Only a few more to go! Our house does not have a basement either, but instead, a crawl space. I never realized how much stuff we had until moving to a house without a basement. Right now, our garage looks like a storage facility! Someday we will get to use our garage door openers and actually pull our cars inside!
Caroline has certainly enjoyed the new house thus far! She finally has her own playroom. We turned the sun room into a playroom, which was another immediate project!
Our house has not been lived in for almost two years. The couple who sold it to us bought it and flipped it. They did a fabulous job and had great taste! The one thing that they did not do was install closets (shelving and hanging bars). This has been the one immediate project we have had to tackle. We have been to Lowe's at least 5 times in a week! Matt's cousin was kind enough to come over for a day and help install closets! Only a few more to go! Our house does not have a basement either, but instead, a crawl space. I never realized how much stuff we had until moving to a house without a basement. Right now, our garage looks like a storage facility! Someday we will get to use our garage door openers and actually pull our cars inside!
Caroline has certainly enjoyed the new house thus far! She finally has her own playroom. We turned the sun room into a playroom, which was another immediate project!
I thought Caroline would have a hard time with the transition, but she definitely proved me wrong. Instead, Nate Dog has had the most difficult time. He has always been such a sweet dog, but this past week, he has pee'd in our bedroom at least 4 times... Needless to say, this does NOT make me happy! We used to let him roam the house while we were at work, but this week we have had to gate him in our mudroom, so he wouldn't pee. Hopefully this too shall pass!
(Sorry for my random "ramblings" in this post...my thoughts are a bit disorganized) One fabulous thing about moving to the 'burbs... We are at the beginning of a really nice "newer" neighborhood. Our house is certainly different from all the other houses, as it was an original house from the area and was built in 1912. The other houses were built in the 1990's. The nice thing about living at the beginning of this neighborhood is there are lots of kids! This will certainly be great for Caroline. She will have a place to ride her bike and be able to meet some new friends. One really adorable thing that has happened since we've moved in is we had a visit from one of our neighbors. While we were out and about last Sunday, a neighbor stopped by and dropped off homemade cookies and a note on our front door step. The note and cookies were from a little eleven year old girl down the street. In her note she mentioned that she loves kids and would be more than willing to help babysit. She mentioned she loves to plant flowers, clean, organize, etc., etc. And then she said she only charges $3.00 per hour! Talk about a little girl with great business sense! She's already sold me! The minute I need to do a few things around the house, I will certainly call her to play with Caroline! If only all kids today would be as productive and proactive as this little girl! Wow... I was very impressed! She must have great parents! Perhaps we can make some new friends while we're settling in suburbia!
I haven't taken many pictures yet, but I did take the picture below. The people who bought our house took absolutely everything! However, they did leave us with one outdoor adirondack rocking seat. So, this picture was taken from this adorable seat! I think I will sit out there often! And all we need for the front of our house are white rocking chairs for the front porch, which will be coming soon!
I will keep you posted with our progress and hopefully I will have pictures to post soon. Also, I will take more pictures of Caroline soon, as I feel like I have almost missed taking any photos of her entire 22nd month.
(Sorry for my random "ramblings" in this post...my thoughts are a bit disorganized) One fabulous thing about moving to the 'burbs... We are at the beginning of a really nice "newer" neighborhood. Our house is certainly different from all the other houses, as it was an original house from the area and was built in 1912. The other houses were built in the 1990's. The nice thing about living at the beginning of this neighborhood is there are lots of kids! This will certainly be great for Caroline. She will have a place to ride her bike and be able to meet some new friends. One really adorable thing that has happened since we've moved in is we had a visit from one of our neighbors. While we were out and about last Sunday, a neighbor stopped by and dropped off homemade cookies and a note on our front door step. The note and cookies were from a little eleven year old girl down the street. In her note she mentioned that she loves kids and would be more than willing to help babysit. She mentioned she loves to plant flowers, clean, organize, etc., etc. And then she said she only charges $3.00 per hour! Talk about a little girl with great business sense! She's already sold me! The minute I need to do a few things around the house, I will certainly call her to play with Caroline! If only all kids today would be as productive and proactive as this little girl! Wow... I was very impressed! She must have great parents! Perhaps we can make some new friends while we're settling in suburbia!
I haven't taken many pictures yet, but I did take the picture below. The people who bought our house took absolutely everything! However, they did leave us with one outdoor adirondack rocking seat. So, this picture was taken from this adorable seat! I think I will sit out there often! And all we need for the front of our house are white rocking chairs for the front porch, which will be coming soon!
I will keep you posted with our progress and hopefully I will have pictures to post soon. Also, I will take more pictures of Caroline soon, as I feel like I have almost missed taking any photos of her entire 22nd month.






1 comment:
What a gorgeous house! Congratulations! :)
Post a Comment