Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ummm..Can We Say It's Time For Potty Training!?!?

A few months ago, Caroline's daycare teacher asked if I wouldn't mind sending Caroline to school in a onezie. Yes, a onezie...something little babies wear! Well, the reason she asked me to do this is because Caroline has had a bit of a problem lately when it comes to going #2! The minute she goes "poo poo," she immediately sticks her hands down her pants to remove it from her diaper...

Well, I have been pretty good about always making sure she had a onezie on and when she didn't, I made sure she was changed immediately... It's obvious she is showing interest in being potty trained, but with our move, it was not something I could focus on just yet... And, I don't know if I am emotionally ready for my little baby to become a big girl and wear big girl underwear! Yikes...where has the time gone...

Well, it became VERY apparent yesterday that my little precious baby WANTS to be potty trained...and I think she wants to be potty trained NOW! I put her down for a nap, and I could tell she was having a very hard time going to sleep, but I knew she was tired. I kept going up periodically to check on her and she continued to be restless... Well, the last time I went to check on her, I knew something bad had to have happened... I started to walk up the stairs and immediately was met with the most awful smell ever! I was fearful to open up the door to her room, as I was certain I was about to find a disaster... Well, the word disaster was an understatement! It was a sight of absolute horror! Caroline had managed to take her poo poo out of her diaper, wipe it all over the wood on her crib, her sheet, blanket, pillow, bumber, stuffed animals, face, ears, hair, t-shirt, skirt and everything else she could reach! I stood there with my jaw open in disbelief! And then I decided this was NOT my child...it had to be someone else's child. Who's child decides that painting with poop would be an enjoyable experience? Not mine, right? WRONG. So, after putting my jaw back together and scolding Caroline, I picked her up and put her in the shower and the bathtub. Once she was clean, I tackled to rest of the poop. Let me just say, that her room smelled awful for at least 5 more hours! Needless to say, I will NEVER put her down for a nap without a onezie and I definitely think now that we're getting settled in the new house, it's time for my little baby to learn how to use the big girl potty!

I guess I would rather deal with stress of potty training more than dealing with an entire room filled with poop paint!

Here's a picture of Caroline in our shower... This picture does not do the ordeal justice... Remember she was fully clothed, so you can only imagine what her clothes looked like! YUCK!



post signature

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is very funny and well written,I feel like I was there...but I'm glad I was not. Good luck with the the little poop monster. Maybe she will be an artist? Thanks for sharing, I was cracking up!

Emmy said...

Oh so gross! I really hope Grady never does this! I will vomit all over the place if he does! It is only funny because it did not happen to me :)

Sarah said...

Umm... disgusting.
Picture is hysterical though. Poor thing looks like she regretted her decision to paint with poop.

Jodi said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!