Caroline Kathleen Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Ainsley Christine Blair

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Maternity Leave Comes to an End...

This week is my final week of maternity leave.  Come Monday, I return to the world of working full-time, while my two peanuts venture to "school/daycare".  They will be starting at a new daycare, closer to our home (All About Kids).  I have mixed emotions about this transition.  On one hand, I am eager to return to my career, where I get to interact with adults on a daily basis and get to do something that I love.  On the other hand, I have to leave my two babies in the hands of strangers.

When I went back to work after having Caroline, she was already almost 15 months old and I made the decision to go back.  Taking Caroline to school (daycare) is not really the issue, as she misses school and the daily interaction with other kids.  My issue is taking my 12 week old baby...  I have no experience with an infant in daycare and the idea of it is a bit stressful...  The stress results from the fact that I know I will miss out on a lot of her "firsts", while at work, that I had the luxury of experiencing with Caroline.  Additionally, it just makes me sad to think of my little baby in the arms of a stranger all day long...  I know that these strangers will soon become "friends" and all this stress and sadness will be behind me.

It's definitely true what they say, time goes by fast!  We had a rough start with our little Ainsley and her troubled belly, but she's finally turning a corner and is so much fun to be around.  She constantly smiles (when her belly isn't in pain) and she has started chatting a little bit.  Her little sounds are too cute and I will miss hearing them all day long!  I know both girls will thrive at school, so it's certainly bittersweet.  One nice thing about my venture back to work is I will have the luxury of working from home on Friday's.  The girls will either go to school or hang out with my parents, but my day will be a bit more flexible and I will get to see them earlier than 6pm!

It's amazing what two little people can do to your world!  They are truly a joy to be around and watch grow!  I am excited to watch them become great friends and sisters!  We are blessed, that's for sure!


We love our two girls!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Could your girls look anything more like you!!! My goodness! Although I have to say, I see a ton of Matt in Caroline too. Weird how that all works isn't it.
I hope you had a great first week back-the whole family.