We got back from vacation on Monday after having been in Asheville, NC, Charleston, SC and Gatlinburg, TN for over a week. During our trip our newest blessing turned two months! In her two months of life in our family she has changed quite a bit. The first 5-6 weeks, she was more than adorable, but not the happiest of babies. As I've mentioned, she's allergic to milk, soy and has reflux. As a result, she has been extra fussy and very irritable. However, we think she has turned somewhat of a corner recently and she seems to feel better every day. She is still on hypo-allergic formula and Zantac and only takes about 20 oz. of formula a day (apparently she could be taking 30 oz.), but she is doing much better! She has started smiling and cooing, which is always adorable and thoroughly entertains her older sister. She went to the doctor yesterday for her 2 month check-up and she weighs 11.9 oz. (I can't remember her height). She's in the 70% for weight and 45% for height. Despite her not getting 30 oz. of formula a day, she is obviously growing regardless.
We are getting her on a routine these days, as I go back to work in 3 weeks. She sleeps for about 7 hours at night, which makes life so much easier. Typically she wakes up at 6am after eating at 11pm. She is definitely a hilarious sleeper. She wiggles herself all over the crib and usually ends up on the opposite side from where she starts out at night. She makes more noise sleeping than I have every heard in my life. She grunts, coos, snores and farts...all night! She is much more alert now and tracks anything in her view. I am pretty sure she is thoroughly entertained by her big "sissy."
Despite the initial challenge of adjusting to life with two children, I certainly wouldn't have it any other way! Ainsley is such a joy and I am excited to see what her future holds as well as to watch our two girls grow up to hopefully be best friends!









No comments:
Post a Comment